Author Topic: Electric  (Read 18152 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:59:23 AM »
With planet eater mode bots adept to changing gravity. But wouldnt it be fun with a mode simular to it but instant of mass it uses charges? like a bot can charge it self negative wich protect it from other negative bots but is the attracted to posetive ones?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 12:27:01 PM »
Hey maybe they can even attack others with bot-lightning bolts  :D

Just imagine the One with a tazer  :wacko:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:31:43 PM »
good idea.
a bot could have somekinda command like .charge and then it store the amount of charges. if it has -5 in charge and then stores +5 then it shall become neutral.
but to the attack, we could have 2 "electric attack" commands, one that fire of the electric a path infron of it, like a ligtning, the greater the charge the creater it go, of course it gets weaker with the distance. and another one that fire it just around it, so if someone hits the bot it fire it of and they all gets paralyzed for X cycles. the same with the lightning attack, it paralyses.
 And how good it travel is decieded also by how salt the liquid is. (have forgoten the nicer scientific name of it)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 12:32:48 PM by Zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 01:11:25 PM »
And how good it travel is decieded also by how salt the liquid is. (have forgoten the nicer scientific name of it)

Paraphrased

How far the electricity can travel is determined by the salinity (conductivity) of the medium through which it travels.  :)
and those who don't

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 02:28:44 PM »
Yeah, wouldn't be terribly difficult to set up a superset of planet eaters mode that uses charges.

I'm not so sure about an actual electric attack though.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 03:00:06 PM »
the attack is 2nd hand, I just want in first hand the forces electricity creates with coulumbs law.
K(Q1)(Q2)/r^2
Q=charge
K=conastant
R=distance
the charge can be darwinistic, wich mean w dont use coulumbs as charge, we can call it darge (combination of DARwin and cARGE)
and K can we change like the gravity constant on PE mode. that would be very fun see bots begining to create electric fields, then a plant can create a field around it thats negative so it pushes bots away, but then the other vegs "discover" that its good following it so they do the same, and then the hunters discover that its good to be posetive now so they change as well. it doesnt need to happen like this, but maybe something like this can be arranged.

nums, is it easy to create the electric force thing and charge storing?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 03:03:03 PM »
What are the units for a Coloumb?  I sort have a custom metric system in DB devised from twips and nrg.

It's really very easy.  Should be able to use most of the same code as Planet Eaters.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 03:21:29 PM »
good good. a coulumd is the unit of charges, a electron have the charge of 1,602177*10^(-19)C
2 objects with one Coulumb in charge at a distance between them of 1 meter will give force of 8987742438 newtons
so a coulumb is a huge unit of it.
but you difen a coulumb as the charge that passes trough a wire withc 1 Ampere when one second have passed.
while we at it, why not magnetism aswell?
in this case the K=4(pi)×10^(−7)N/A² (exactly).
there the formula for Force is
F=(m1)(m2)/(K*r^2)
m stands for magnetic flux not mass
and K is a konstant that I told up there.
magnetic flux is the amount of magnetic flux density timres the area, with other words, Tesla*Meter²
but if the bots should be able to be permenent magnets or temporarly when they charge I dont know.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 03:34:07 PM by Zelos »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
Woah, woah, one thing at a time, one thing at a time.

What should the unit for charge be in DB?  Obviously not Coloumb.

We should define 1 of whatever this is to be such that the force between points of equal unit charge 1 twip from each other is 1 Darwin.  This will still make units quite large (bots are ordinarilly 120 twips across).

Um, Darwin = constant * (unit charge) ^2 / 1 twip ^2

set constant = 1 for the description of the unit, and we get a good definition for this charge unit.

Now we just have to name it.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 12:34:05 AM »
darge?

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 06:15:05 AM »
The Numsgil would be an excellent choice, I think. We can introduce the Youko as well.
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 07:05:59 AM »
Hmm, multiple forces, with different formulas, that can be repulsive or attractive
and can be linked to certain conditions. Be positive if, be negative if , be zero if.

Would be fun, I already thought it might be good to have a close range force that prevents planet eaters to totally collapse within themself.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 07:09:23 AM by Welwordion »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »
We can introduce the Youko as well.

HA!! Electrons with fox ears? Now that would be cool.  B)
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 11:12:13 AM »
naming units in db after ppl here is just silly if you ask me. name after real famous persons. or maybe name it after we put 2 words toghater it gets more persinal to our program
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:15:42 AM by Zelos »

Offline Griz

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Electric
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 11:21:08 AM »
naming units in db after ppl here is just silly if you ask me. name after real famous persons.
or maybe name it after we put 2 words toghater it gets more persinal to our program
you mean Numsgil and Youko are not famous?!?!?!
well ... perhaps not yet. ;)

~griz~
不知
~griz~
[/color]
   "The selection of Random Numbers is too important to be left to Chance"
The Mooj  a friend to all humanity
[/color]