Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Newbie / ?????? ????????????? ?????
« Last post by TylerBipsy on Today at 12:48:04 AM »
??? ????????? ????? ? ??????? ?????????
https://trenton3073n.liberty-blog.com/12417075/2-? ?? ?? ????‚? ??‹? ?-? ???? °? ?? ?? »? ?-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-? ±? µ? ·-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶? °
https://spencer5306v.acidblog.net/42192473/5-? ??‚? ????‹?…-?‚??? ?? ?-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-??-? ?? ?? ?? ??‰????-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶? °
http://beau4185e.atualblog.com/15969498/? ?? ?? »???‡? µ? ?? ?? µ-my-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-??-? ?? ?? ?? ??‰????-? ?? °??? °? ?? ?? °?€? °-?„? ??‚? ?-? ? ? °? ±? ??‚? °?‚??
http://alexis5319l.blogocial.com/2--45514236
https://myles4174o.getblogs.net/42118702/? ¤? °? ??‚?‹-? ?-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-??-? ?? ?? ?? ??‰????-? ?? °??? °? ?? ?? °?€? °-?„? ??‚? ?-? ?? ?? ?? °? ·? °? »? ?
Newbie / ????????? ????? ???????? ????????
« Last post by TylerBipsy on July 02, 2022, 06:57:27 PM »
??? ????????? ????????? ????? ????????
https://simon0841f.blogtov.com/12416483/? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??‹? ?? ?-? ???? ?? ???? ? ?? ?? °? ?? ?-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-? ±? µ? ·-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶? °
https://cesar4184p.blogspothub.com/13779935/? ?? ?? ?? ±??? °? ¶? µ? ?? ???-? ·? ?? °?‚??-? ?-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-??-? ?? ?? ?? ??‰????-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶? °
http://jaiden3063l.blogofchange.com/15378879/fascination-? ?-? ?? °? ?-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-??-? ?? ?? ?? ??‰????-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶? °
https://raymond2963m.blogunteer.com/13723123/? ?? ?? °???‚-?‚??? ?? ?-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ?? ?? °???‰? ?? ?-? ?? »? °? ·? °-?‡?‚? ?-? ?? ?? ??‚? ?-? ?? µ-? ?? ±????? ¶? ?? °? µ?‚-? ?? ?? ??????
https://cesar3074p.jts-blog.com/13799569/? ›???‡?€? °??-???‚? ???? ?? ?? °-??? ?? µ? »? ??‡? ??‚??-? ?? »? °? ·? °-? ?? °? ?? ???? ¶? µ? ?-?„? ??‚? ?
Newbie / Re: coexistence
« Last post by hdggDalton on June 29, 2022, 07:24:21 PM »
hey yall, im back at 153.118 million cycles. because of some hiccups with plants developing shell and/or fooling the conspec eye recognition system by literally just tacking on one eye gene that does absolutely nothing and consequently spreading all over the map unmolested, i lowered the mutation rate to 1x and when it still happened again i turned plant mutations off entirely. I still kept the 1x mutations despite the bots actually evolving really low mutation rates (before, the default was 4x) because i wanted to try something new, instead of a barrage of mutations i would use time and only the most beneficial mutations would make it through, at least i hoped.

I think it works, there have been some really interesting things going on, given the dynamic of tons of food but spawning only every 10100 cycles (the extra 100 is there so it doesn't match up with the day/night cycle of 1000, just to make things more interesting) so it's like seasonal. First, the bots have split up into 2 distinct species, the first and most dominant is our good old friend the scavengers, who move around randomly and try to find plants (or corpses of their dead comrades) to feed on. They explicitly don't attack other bots and actually run away from other bots.

There was an interesting strategy that branched off of the scavenger species. This was a mini species that would just sit still and do nothing, and wait until food spawned next to them. I call them couch potatoes, probably from the result of a mutation that removed their ability to search around and look for food. Because moving around takes energy, and it could be 10100 cycles before you even get any new food, this strategy actually kind of makes sense at first. Plus, you have all your non-moving comrades right next to you, so in hard times, you can just eat the corpses of your mates once they starve to death, they're free food! Unfortunately, the math did not work out for the couch potatoes. 10100 cycles means losing at least 10100 energy waiting for food to spawn next to you, and it might not even spawn next to you at all. And, if a plant did spawn next to a couch potato, they would just eat it immediately without letting it grow and make more energy in the long run. Each plant starts with 5000 energy. Now, I'm not a nobel prize winning mathematician or anything, but the couch potatoes, even if 2 plants spawned next to them (which is even more unlikely than just 1 plant) they would only be able to almost even out their energy balance. And once they ran out of fellow couch potatoes to eat, then what? TLDR they all died, the end. :D

Enough about the couch potatoes, they've been extinct for hundreds of thousands of cycles. Remember that way back in this simulation, there was a bot that ran away from other bots while shooting at them? I believe that was an adaptation that rose out of a significant part of the population being cannibals, but then all the cannibals died and all that was left were the bots that shot while running away... and then I speculate that eventually that ability was lost because it was better not to shoot and waste energy (shooting costs are high, 5 per shot which is to heavily punish incontenent bots that just shot all the time and lagged the simulation to all hell, and once all the bots lost the ability to control their shots it was basically impossible for them to evolve it back) both from missing shots and fighting each other.

But that's led to the rise of a small but fierce species of green cannibal bots that have survived for a few dozen million cycles at least. They seek out plants, corpses, and bots, not discriminating between species. They'll happily eat their parents or children, but most of the time get it right and eat some unfortunate scavenger. Not that they're usually 100% successful, though. The scavengers may not shoot back anymore, but they still run away from other bots which massively improves their chances of survival. Most of the time, the cannibals are small and weak because they generally shave each others' body points off when they encounter each other. So, more often than not their target gets away, but the cannibal still gets some energy from them.

While the cannibals do eat plants, I believe they make their niche in the plant-less environment after all the spawned plants have run out, and everyone is just waiting for the next batch of plants. While the scavengers' food sources are reduced to only corpses of other scavengers or cannibals, cannibals have corpses AND scavengers AND other cannibals. Actually, what would normally be a huge waste of energy (eating members of your species) merely becomes condensation of energy into fewer bots. Because each bot has a flat 1 energy cost of living every cycle, plus a little bit more depending on how long their DNA is and how much body they have, this actually kind of becomes an advantage in really lean times to save the entire species more energy in the long run, and times can get REALLY lean when you have to wait 10100 cycles for more energy to be introduced into the system. I think I saw once the total number of bots drop to something as low as 40 or 30, and this in a simulation where the population averages 150-300, it almost made me crap myself because I would have to go back to a really old save to start again if everyone died. Good thing the big drop of food happened right as it reached that point. I think if plants were introduced regularly so that there was a steady supply of food, the cannibals would be inefficient in that new environment so they would just die off to the more efficient scavengers, who don't waste energy infighting or chasing and shooting at other bots and each other.

Now, cannibal bots are nothing new. They spring up all the time, from the results of some unfortunate mutation. But this almost never spreads, because all the mutation does is remove the ability for the cannibals to differentiate between plants and bots, so they treat everything they see as plants and try to eat it. The cannibals always eat their own children, or get eaten by their children. They might be able to survive for a bit in very very small numbers, but the insane waste of energy caused by eating your offspring as soon as you give birth to them (also true in real life) means the numbers are stacked against them, and they always snuff themselves out at one point or another due to starvation and not being able to spread around their genes enough.

But these green cannibals wouldn't have survived that long if that were the case. They have a little secret weapon, they know when they're tied to something, and since nothing in this simulation uses ties, being tied must mean that the bot is either recently born, or recently had a child. When they're tied to something, they basically shut off and don't shoot anything at all even when surrounded by plants, instead I think there's actually some different things that happen depending on the particular strain of species. Some harmlessly spin around, some try to move in one direction only to separate from the parent/child, and confusingly, some do both, but switch between methods randomly. This little bit doesn't seem like much, considering the fact that once the ties are off, it's back to shooting everything on sight, and some bots do get sucked back into fighting anyways, but it's enough to at least give a better than 50/50 chance that the parent and child both live, which is the entire point of reproduction.

I think the fact that they can't shoot at all when tied is a massive help, because a lot of familial cannibalism happens within the first few cycles of birth, where the bots are perfectly next to and exactly facing each other, and if the bots can get some distance from each other, then that's a greatly increased chance of both just going on their merry way, AND I've observed that even in the cases where they DO get sucked back into each other, it's usually only a glancing blow because they have speed so they're running into, then past each other, therefore losing sight in the process. Even if the 2 bots would happily go after each other without the ties, It's still pretty impressive how this one small behavior can allow a cannibal species to live and thrive, where they usually kill themselves. One more thing I want to note is that this does decrease their efficiency when diving deep into piles of plants, because they have to wait for the ties to wear off before they can continue feeding. That's one more reason why if plants were introduced regularly instead of in big batches with nothing in between, the cannibals would die out to the more efficient scavengers, which can reproduce AND feed at the same time.

Ok, 2 best bots, and 2 handpicked green cannibals because the best bots are all scavengers

37 descendants out of a population of 270? Holy crap
Code: [Select]
store
 store
 *.tin9 *.tielen2 <
 481 sub *.refveldx !=
 *.refage *.shang 3106 * sub 419 -19
 start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  17  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  18  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.trefaimdx store
 *.tin9 *.eye2 <
 <=
 ++ inc
 store
 469 *.refmulti substore
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  31  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 432 ceil * rndstore
 *.refmulti -6 *.genes
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  39  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 store
 300 *.mydn *.tielen2 254 div 2 *600 *.refveldx inc
 1 *.refvelsx *.eye5 *.venom
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  53  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  54  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 >
 *.bodloss .fixang store
 -6 3097 -6 start
 7 *.refvelscalar *.refeye addstore
 .up store
 store
 *.trefvelyourup *.tielen2 <
 <=
 1 -19
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  77  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  78  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 .strbody store
 start
 *.veldn | multstore
 *.nrg ++ *.totalbots *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 553 sgnstore
 446 11194 *.refshoot
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  96  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  97  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 swapbool
 | <<
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  8 Begins at position  101  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.veldn | *.mypoison *.nrg *.nrg
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  8 Ends at position  106  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  9 Begins at position  107  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 swapbool
 | <<
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  9 Ends at position  110  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  10 Begins at position  111  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.veldn | *.mypoison *.nrg *.refshoot 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  10 Ends at position  119  '''''''''''''''''''''''

This guy seems to be doing well. 4 descendants out of a population of 260, but he seems perfectly functional and is diving into a pile of plants as we speak
*.shang *.refage !=
 *.refveldx sub 481 <
 *.tielen2 *.tin9 store
 store
 3106 * sub 419 -19
 start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  17  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  18  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.trefaimdx store
 *.tin9 *.eye2 <
 <=
 ++ inc
 store
 469 *.refmulti substore
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  31  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 432 ceil * rndstore
 *.refmulti -6 *.genes
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  39  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 store
 300 *.mydn *.tielen2 254 div 2 *600 *.refveldx inc
 1 *.refvelsx *.eye5 *.venom
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  53  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  54  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 >
 *.bodloss .fixang store
 -6 3097 -6 start
 7 *.refvelscalar *.refeye addstore
 .up store
 store
 *.trefvelyourup *.tielen2 <
 <=
 1 -19
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  77  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  78  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 .strbody store
 start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
 553 sgnstore
 446 11194 *.refshoot
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  96  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  97  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 swapbool
 *.dnalen <<
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  8 Begins at position  101  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.veldn | *.mypoison *.nrg *.nrg
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  8 Ends at position  106  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  9 Begins at position  107  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 swapbool
 | <<
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  9 Ends at position  110  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  10 Begins at position  111  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.veldn | *.mypoison *.nrg *.refshoot 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  10 Ends at position  119  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Alright, here's a cannibal, 4 descendants out of a population of 250 which is pretty high for the cannibals, which make up about 10% of the population I'd say, so 25
!~=
 *.nrg *.shdn 20314 48 *.shflav *.refvelscalar *.numties addstore
 addstore
 *.numties .tielen1 store
 addstore
 522 *.refdn
 start
 .up store
 ++ inc
 *.tiepres
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  22  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  23  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.shang 20838 *.numties *241 cos 7 30823 *.numties addstore
 *.vel not
 %=
 .memloc store
 *.eye5 *.venom
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  39  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  40  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 >
 cos !=
 store
 5 -6 3097 -6 start
 7 *.refvelscalar *.numties addstore
 .up store
 store
 >
 substore
 1 not
 %=
 *.tin9 | dec
 <=
 div pow *321 *.eye3 .vloc store
 1 -19
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

cond
 .strbody store
 start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
 *.nrg 17722 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  94  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Some time has passed now, second cannibal, 2 descendants out of a population of 180
!~=
 *.nrg *.shdn 20314 48 *.shflav *.refvelscalar *.numties addstore
 addstore
 *.numties .tielen1 store
 addstore
 522 *.refdn
 start
 .up store
 ++ inc
 *.tiepres
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  22  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  23  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.shang 20838 *.numties *241 cos 7 30823 *.numties addstore
 *.vel not
 %=
 .memloc store
 *.eye5 *.venom
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  39  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  40  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 >
 cos !=
 store
 5 -6 3097 -6 start
 7 *.refvelscalar *.numties addstore
 .up store
 store
 >
 substore
 1 not
 %=
 *.tin9 | dec
 <=
 div pow *321 *.eye3 .vloc store
 1 -19
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

cond
 .strbody store
 start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
 *.nrg 17722 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  94  '''''''''''''''''''''''
« Last post by hdggDalton on May 26, 2022, 12:22:27 AM »
It's looking really good.  This is probably the longest anyone has run a simulation.  I don't know the record or anything but I don't remember anyone running ~100M cycles.
really? cause i just broke it, i got 106.422 million cycles :D

before talking about the simulation i would like to share one interesting strain which unfortunately i think is about to be driven to extinction: the energy sharer. they used to be pretty common but now i had to actively hunt this one down. the only way to share energy is through ties and the only time these bots are tied are when they have children, it's interesting to see this one strain share energy... but only giving itself a 5% share. so any bot that removed the part where they shared energy would have a huge advantage just getting 95% of the parent's energy, i think the most common strain now is one where ".sharenrg" is swapped with "swapbool", really unfortunate because if it was set at 40 or 50 or something then we could have seen the start of energy sharing... but no, it's 5. well i guess thats how it goes.

start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  1  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  2  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 28528 14698 5 .sharenrg store
 -187 rndstore
 -187 2457 *.mass inc
 *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  14  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  15  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 228 floor *.trefvelmysx *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  19  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  20  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.bodgain >
 6003 *.velscalar -919 -919 3097 -6 3097 -6 start
 and
 .shoot store
 *.refeye *.refvelscalar .up addstore
 store
 *.tieang2 *.tielen2 <
 <=
 .up store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  48  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 31456 .eye2width store
 794 sqr start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
 *.nrg 521 *.totalbots ++ 4 12531 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''

ok so i've made food even more seasonal, it only drops every 4001 cycles, but i do make it more overall by giving 50 plants every time. i'm really interested to see where this will go, because huge fluctuations in population and energy usually lend themselves to genetic diversity and fiercer natural selection. i still force the sun to go up at 200,000 energy though because i think that's the point where it's in danger of complete collapse where the plants all gather up in one spot where all the bots have died and everyone just starves to death. besides the energy sharer, there's this small vibrant purple species/strain that's struggling a lot, with just a few small bots, from what i've observed i think their shtick is that they don't really adhere to the shoot while moving away strategy the rest of the bots have, more like shoot while not really caring, which intrigued me because it seems a step closer to cannibalism, here's one of them:

start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  2  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 28528 14698 5 .sharenrg store
 -187 rndstore
 -187 2457 *.mass inc
 *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  14  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  15  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  19  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  20  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.bodgain >
 6003 *.velscalar -919 -919 3097 -6 3097 -6 start
 and
 .shoot store
 store
 *.tieang2 *.tielen2 <
 <=
 .up store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  48  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 31456 .eye2width store
 794 sqr start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
 *.nrg 521 *.totalbots ++ *296 *-313 negstore
 355 sqrstore
 root over angle 4 12531 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  82  '''''''''''''''''''''''

oh hey the vibrant purple bots are energy sharers too, they might still be hope for developing energy sharing if they didn't have like 3 members out of 200, as in the ENTIRE SPECIES.

equilibrium point has gone down even more since i made food more seasonal, down to about 150-200, but i'm confident over time the population will adapt and recover, maybe even establish sustainable farming who knows

best bots time 8)

18 descendants out of a population of 165
start

start
 28528 14698 5 swapbool
 *2216 -187 rndstore
 -187 2457 *.mass inc
 *.eye5

cond

cond
 *.bodgain >
 6003 -919 -919 3097 -6 3097 -6 start
 .shoot store
 store
 *.tieang2 *.tielen2 <
 <=
 .up store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  44  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  45  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 31456 .eye2width store
 794 sqr start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
 *.nrg 29721 *.totalbots ++ 4 12531 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''

20 descendants out of a population of 202
start
 -187 rndstore
 -187 2457 *.mass inc
 *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  8  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  9  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  14  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.bodgain >
 and
 .shoot store
 store
 *.tieang2 *.tielen2 <
 <=
 .up store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  39  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  40  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  41  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  42  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 31456 .eye2width store
 794 sqr start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  67  '''''''''''''''''''''''

18 descendants out of a population of 204
start

start
 28528 14698 5 swapbool
 *2216 -187 swapbool
 -187 2457 *.mass inc
 *.eye5

cond

cond
 *.bodgain >
 .shoot store
 store
 *.tieang2 *.tielen2 <
 <=
 .up store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  44  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  45  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 31456 .eye2width store
 794 sqr start
 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''

« Last post by Numsgil on May 14, 2022, 01:26:41 PM »
It's looking really good.  This is probably the longest anyone has run a simulation.  I don't know the record or anything but I don't remember anyone running ~100M cycles.
« Last post by hdggDalton on May 14, 2022, 12:48:31 PM »
still alive! first thing you'll notice is that everyone's purple now, i got a bit bored and wanted to unleash chaos so i just turned up the mutations to 4x and voila they changed! these bots are much more tenacious scavengers than previously because they never seem to stand still, i'd assume that searching for food more vigorously is a great advantage and that's one trait selected for, and that's got me thinking, in which direction will this evolutionary arms race go? will they find new ingenious ways to find food? or will they just take the short route and begin to cannibalize even more aggressively than their current standoff "shoot and back away" strategy? the simulation is now 89,212,000 cycles old, the equilibrium point i'd say has fallen to about 200, no doubt because all that searching takes up more energy but results in greater self advantage, but now instead of spawning a constant stream of plants every few cycles, every 1000 cycles 15 plants get spawned in, so it's like a big wave. as a result the population fluctuates very heavily as they go from starving to feasting on food and back again. the population range i estimate to be from about 170 to 230 most of the time, it reached 300 once when a huge batch of algae was trapped in the top left corner by shapes with no bots, but the shapes squeezed the plants out so the bots suddenly had a massive influx of food, in fact i think i got the tail end of that surge in a screenshot, you can see a lot of fat bots in the top left corner, but eventually they all died because in their eating spree they had mutated and lost the ability to move around to search for food, now that didn't matter when they were swimming in it, but when it was all gone, it became a really bad disadvantage against the tenacious scavengers inhabiting the rest of the map who were moving around all the time.

aight it's time for 3 of the best bots!!!
21 descendants out of a population of 210
*.hitup 9217
 start
 *.refveldx -187 *.mass inc
 *.trefvelyourdx !%=
 swap 11414 %=
 ~=
 dec
 -306 *-180 true

cond
 *.eye5 *.trefvelyourup >
 .setboy store
 3097 -6 start
 and
 .shoot store
 *.trefvelmydn *.hitsx dist sgn 5341 775 *395 .memloc store
 !=
 sin store
 13696 14938 *.refeye *.refvelscalar .up addstore
 store
 *.eye1 10466 dropbool
 200 .sharechlr store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  55  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  56  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc
 sub -1172 *.daytime *.refvelup store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  62  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  63  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 sqr 794 216 *.xpos 3423
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  68  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  69  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 2457 *.veldn | multstore
 *.nrg *.totalbots *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 809 27437 *.tin2 2445 14938 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  86  '''''''''''''''''''''''

23 descendants out of a population of 230
*.hitup 9217
 start
 *.tieang2 *.refeye swap 11414 %=
 ~=
 dec
 -306 *-180 true

cond
 *.eye5 *.trefvelyourup >
 .setboy store
 3097 -6 start
 and
 .shoot store
 *.trefvelmydn *.hitsx dist sgn 5341 775 *395 474 *.mysx !=
 sin store
 store
 *.eye1 10466 dropbool
 200 .sharechlr store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  55  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  56  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 inc

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  62  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  63  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 sqr 794 true
 *.shell store
 216 *.xpos 3423
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  71  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 2457 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  89  '''''''''''''''''''''''

23 descendants out of a population of 220
*.hitup 9217
 start
 *.trefvelyourdx !%=
 swap 11414 %=
 ~=
 dec
 -306 *-180 true

cond
 *.eye5 *.trefvelyourup >
 .setboy store
 3097 -6 start
 and
 .shoot store
 !=
 sin store
 store
 *.eye1 10466 dropbool
 200 .sharechlr store
 start
 inc

start
 sqr 794 216 *.xpos 3423
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  68  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  69  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 2457 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  86  '''''''''''''''''''''''

And because I'm not sure some of these are duplicates, here's one more. 21 descendants out of a population of 190
*.hitup 9217
 start
 *.trefvelyourdx !%=
 swap 11414 %=
 ~=
 dec
 -306 *-180 true

cond
 *.eye5 *.trefvelyourup >
 .setboy store
 3097 -6 start
 and
 .shoot store
 !=
 sin store
 store
 *.eye1 10466 dropbool
 200 .sharechlr store
 start
 inc

start
 sqr 794 216 *.xpos 3423
 start
 2457 *.veldn | multstore
 30007 >
A reasonable general trend seems to be that the best bots' descendants make up around 10%-11% of the population, which is a good sign because that means there's a lot of genetic diversity and it's not all dominated by one particular bloodline
« Last post by hdggDalton on April 30, 2022, 01:20:45 AM »
oh great, what the hell, now the graphs are broken again  :burnup: :burnup: :burnup: :burnup: :burnup:

anyways hello im back after a few more million cycles, i expanded the map yesterday and some wild things happened... first of course there was a wild landgrab because new spawned algae in the new area could grow really large because there wasn't anything eating them, there was one colony in the bottom right that took over like 1/16 of the map, but eventually got eaten once all the bots got in there, an interesting development was this small species of cannibals that grew in the new top right area, when i panned over to see them there was a group of 3 fighting to the death and another 5 just chilling, unfortunately for them they all died because if they went after their highland cannibal comrades they both waste tons of energy fighting, and if they went after the non homicidal bots they would just get parthian shotted to death, they would be chasing them but getting shot in the face the whole time while none of their own shots land. they probably developed out of a mutated cannibal bot that found itself stuffed in a big bunch of algae, so they and their children were fine for a while cause they were all busy eating algae but once it ran out it was hunger games 2 electric boogaloo for them XDDD average population has increased from 250ish to the low 300s now that there's more space and less energy wasted shooting at each other, but i did instigate a massive famine while writing this and wow population has fallen to 210, oh wait no wow they recovered back up to 290, amazing, i really underestimated the power of the equilibrium point

there's an image of 3 bots stuck in a death box, there used to be 4 but i guess the other one died (spooky!) there's an image of the bots feeding on some algae, a picture of the whole map, and a picture of a random bot who mutated to become a plant, don't worry he can't reproduce so im just gonna keep him around, holy crap he's 273,000 cycles old, this dude has literally survived 0.383% of the entire simulation (71307000 cycles) and the last time i checked the average age of a bot it was something like 13000 cycles old, dang exactly 21 generations have passed this bot must feel so old, anyways imma just copy his dna for funsies:
interesting, after some observation of this bot, it seems like he does this weird purging thing where once he reaches 30k energy, he purges 5k energy, maybe that's how he stays alive because that way he doesn't collect waste, what a smart bot :D
store
 store

start
 *.refxpos 3 *.mass addstore

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  7  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  8  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.hitsx *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 *.kills 24413 multstore
 .shoot store
 .eye1width ceilstore
 .aimright store
 *.kills .dx multstore
 *.refeye *.dnalen .up addstore
 store
 *.eye4 1010 *-879 %=
 rnd *.velscalar store
 *.trefvelmysx *.reffixed ^ multstore
 inc
 *.trefup
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 535 dupbool

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  50  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.bodloss floorstore
 *.trefage .tout3 store
 & addstore
 *-39 13531
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  59  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  60  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.in4 clearbool
 -- 366 *622 over
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  66  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  67  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refaim 23283 *.veldn multstore
 *.nrg 516 *.refaim *.ypos ceilstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 .mkchlr store
 store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  83  '''''''''''''''''''''''

here are the best bots:
25 descendants out of a population of 280, pretty good
divstore
 store

start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  8  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.hitsx *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 *.kills -1 multstore
 .shoot store
 .eye1width store
 .aimright store
 *.kills .dx multstore
 store
 *.eye4 809 22510 *.sun *.hitsx *.hitdn inc
 *.reffixed -19 sub inc
 multstore
 1010 535 dupbool

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  48  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 multstore
 floorstore
 *.trefage 528 13531 *.ypos ceilstore
 *.thisgene
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  57  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  58  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 store
 455 -- 366 *622 *-39 addstore
 -- *.memval over
 start
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13562 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  85  '''''''''''''''''''''''

12 descendants out of a population of 200
divstore
 store

start

cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.hitsx *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 *.kills -1 multstore
 .shoot store
 .eye1width store
 .aimright store
 *.kills .dx multstore
 store
 *.reffixed -19 sub inc
 multstore
 1010 535 dupbool

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  48  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 multstore
 floorstore
 *.thisgene
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  57  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  58  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 store
 -- *.memval over
 start
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13562 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  85  '''''''''''''''''''''''

At a ripe young age of 500 cycles, this bot already had 23 descendants out of a population of 310. This bot I found during an explosion of algae and next to a huge mass of algae so that explains it pretty well
divstore
 store

start

cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.hitsx *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 *.kills -1 multstore
 .shoot store
 .eye1width store
 .aimright store
 *.kills .dx multstore
 store
 *.reffixed -19 sub inc
 multstore
 1010 535 dupbool

else
 multstore
 floorstore
 *.thisgene
 else
 store
 .eye9width store
 over
 start
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13562 .repro store

« Last post by hdggDalton on April 19, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
it's so weird but yesterday i got an error so i saved it and loaded it back up, but when i loaded the simulation the population and average mutations graphs were back!!! they've been missing for years oh my god

anyways i enabled friction so now they can't slide all over the place anymore because they eventually come to a stop. despite this the bots have adapted quite nicely, and there has even been an increase in species diversity because now the map is much bigger even though i didn't actually make it bigger, it just takes a lot more effort to travel around than before. there's 2 dominant species, this dark blue one that's almost indistinguishable from the background (i had a black species once - it was fun trying to see them) that inhabits the southeast part of the map, this lavender one which inhabits the rest of the map, and even this small prospective yellow species in the west. the population is much higher as well because now the algae don't get instantly eaten and have a chance to reproduce, creating huge fields of algae resulting in higher overall energy. though this also created a little problem for the bots, who tended to keep diving straight into these massive piles and die from eating too much (low waste threshold of 1000). usually the bots get rid of their waste by reproducing, but when deep inside a forest of algae, there's no room to reproduce so they just kept collecting waste until they died. it was so bad that huge groups of algae WITHOUT ANY DEFENSES could paradoxically stick around for a good while just because everything that tried to eat them died. I think they're getting better at it though, because big clumps of algae don't stick around for long anymore, either the bots snake their way through the algae until they kill one and have space to reproduce and it's off to the races from there, or if there are a bunch of bots around, a few will burrow deep and kill a bunch of algae until they die, clearing enough room so that the rest can more safely eat the remaining algae since they have enough space to reproduce and dilute the waste. the standoff behavior of the bots backing away from each other while shooting is still widespread, and i've seen it put to good use on a few occasions where the bots killed cannibals pursuing them without taking a scratch in return. through sometimes it gets freaky when bots get trapped in a small space by the randomly moving shapes, they wiggle around frantically and without space to run away eventually start eating each other, and the biggest usually comes out alive

anyways its time for BEST BOTS!
13 descendants out of a population of 270. 5% of the population is not bad at all, though this one has his vision messed up because i think they survived having too much waste for only a little bit but it screwed them up permanently
swap 528 *.mypoison *404 *.trefnrg substore
 30007 >
 *.velscalar .out10 store
 store
 rnd *.eye2 floorstore
 over 3411 -814 !=
 dupbool
 sgnstore
 cos *.vel sgn divstore
 *.availability overbool
 .eye6width store
 14 angle !%=
 clear 444 -636 480
 start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  41  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  42  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.refdn *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 .eye1width store
 12119 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 store
 *.availability *.trefvelmysx .strbody inc
 450 *.reffixed ^ >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.in9 *.trefaim 1831 300 9198
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  80  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  81  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refaim 24709 *.veldn multstore
 *.trefage *.nrg 516 30200 28503 ceilstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13562 .repro store
 --
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  99  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *-314 false
 sgn multstore
 %=
 !~=

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  106  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  107  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 drop ~''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  109  '''''''''''''''''''''''

With significantly less messed up vision, 12 descendants out of a population of 240! Also 5% so hey thats pretty decent. Also had 67.68 shell but that's probably an accident from the waste seeping into their dna
swap 528 *367 *404 *.trefnrg substore
 30007 >
 *.velscalar .out10 store
 store
 rnd *.eye2 floorstore
 over 3411 -814 !=
 dupbool
 sgnstore
 cos *.vel sgn divstore
 *.availability overbool
 .eye6width store
 14 angle !%=
 clear 444 -636 480
 start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  41  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  42  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.refdn *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 .eye1width store
 12119 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 store
 450 *.reffixed ^ >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  80  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  81  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13562 .repro store
 --
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  99  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *-314 false
 sgn multstore
 %=
 !~=

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  106  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  107  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 drop ~''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  109  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Oh my god, this one also has messed up vision, anyways 16 descendants out of a population of 230 so this is actually the best (7%)
swap 528 *367 *404 *.trefnrg *.velscalar .out10 store
 store
 rnd *.eye2 floorstore
 *.refvenom
 else
 -814 !=
 dupbool
 sgnstore
 cos *.vel sgn divstore
 *.availability overbool
 .eye6width store
 14 angle !%=
 clear 444 -636 480
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  33  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  34  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  38  '''''''''''''''''''''''

cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.refdn *.hitdn inc
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 .eye1width store
 12119 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 store
 450 *.reffixed ^ >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  69  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  70  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  71  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 start
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13562 .repro store
 multstore
 %=
 !~=

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  98  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  99  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 drop ~''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  101  '''''''''''''''''''''''

« Last post by Numsgil on April 18, 2022, 12:52:46 AM »
My guess is some counter is overflowing its 16 or 32 bit bounds?  You could try starting a new simulation with the same bots, although it's sad to lose some historical data, I know.
« Last post by hdggDalton on April 11, 2022, 11:09:53 PM »
I don't know off hand what might have happened.  Have you tried saving and restarting the program?  It might be in a funky state.

no matter what I do, even when I restart and/or reload, the population and mutation graphs still won't show up!!! but it's so weird because when i open up cheat engine and search up processes, they're there. oh well i still got around it by using the customizable graphs. By the way everyone's blue now so yeah there's that
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10