Author Topic: 2.4 version  (Read 4123 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« on: October 03, 2005, 02:04:18 PM »
Did not have time to check it out in detail, but I can already see it looks pretty cool.  All the new options!

I am a bit confused tough as to what some of them do, like the new modes for veggy feeding...

Also, would be nice to get some kind of default settings with the installation file.  The physics panel showed up with nothing selected at all (neither liquid nor solid).

Swimming factor was set to 0 by default too and though I could move the slider, it did not change the number next to the slider.  Was there a reason why we limited the swimming factor to 0.8?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 02:06:18 PM by shvarz »
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:11:36 PM »
Physics settings are not saved during save settings routine.  They all come up as "nothing selected"

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 03:43:11 PM »
Swimming factor is currently doing nothing.  It's a relic from a bygone age that hasn't been replaced by the real stuff yet.  All the code that uses it is commented out.

I didn't get to check over the save/load settings or the save/load simulation/bots routines yet.

Veg feeding works like this:

per nrg per cycle: like the feeding method of 2.37
per kilobody: the veg is given x nrg for every 1000 body points it has.  Added as a way to stop cancerous vegs from gaining reproductive superiority (for the sake of sanity of the speed for my sims).
other thing: a funny little equation I came up with.  You can look it up in the source code...  or I could.  Maybe should...  Anyway, it's built to disproportionately favor vegs that have 32000 body.  I put it in as an oddity mostly.  Just to see what sort of thigns could evolve to use it.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 05:42:49 PM »
Is this a lone readback command? (*) I haven't downloaded the new vers yet, but I think I'll see about doing so tonight :D

:boing:  :boing:  :blueblob:  :clap:  :clap:

You wouldn't believe how handy this will be. I think I [you]finally[/you][/b] have a shot at making my own combat bots again :)

Wiki Note: operators is updating properly again, robdna seems off also, not sure what's up. I just fixed some of the links in oper's, for some reason the wiki doesn't like >< type signs right at the start of a link, I had to convert it to a text format to get it to work.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 05:50:01 PM by Endy »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 05:52:43 PM »
Yes, * reads back the value of the memory pointed to by the top of the stack.  Much fun to be had by all, I am quite sure.

And a note: << and >> are unary operators in the DB language, basically corresponding to divide by 2 and multiply by 2.  If you would prefer they be  binary operators, I can totally do that.  But I think this way they're more likely to be useful to mutations.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 05:53:14 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 05:55:21 PM »
Yes, * reads back the value of the memory pointed to by the top of the stack. Much fun to be had by all, I am quite sure.

Horray :boing:  :clap:

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
per kilobody: the veg is given x nrg for every 1000 body points it has. Added as a way to stop cancerous vegs from gaining reproductive superiority (for the sake of sanity of the speed for my sims)

Mmm, I like that!  That means we can run all-veggy sims, the hunters will have to stay "lean" to be able to run and, therefore, won't get any energy...  Interesting....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 06:10:48 PM »
I thought so :D

I may make it a customizable script.  You could create your own formula based on any of the bot's attributes.  Like pay vegs for keeping poison.  Have multiple schemes going on at once.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 07:39:05 PM »
another killer line in the same year:
It's a relic from a bygone age that hasn't been replaced by the real stuff yet.

You guys are on a roll I am starting a killer line list.

:)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 07:59:05 PM »
So glad I amuse you.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 version
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 11:23:50 AM »
No NO, Its really good , its not ammusing.

If we go big and someone is looking for quotes from us to tell in school I got a list started.