Author Topic: Call to Programmers  (Read 29711 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 02:00:04 AM »
Well, if they don't like one, they always have the choice to switch over, so it will always be good.
I tweaked the parser a bit, didn't have time to do much else.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 01:33:35 PM »
I might spend some time this weekend and rearrange some of the parsing functions.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2008, 05:30:47 PM »
The only thing that looks ugly at the moment is the DNA parser. Might work on that next.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »
I built the whole thing from the ground up, so the whole way parsing is done wasn't really used in practice till the end, so yeah, it's a little messy.  And I don't think the super high level parsing functions are even tested, IIRC.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »
Sweet, I found an Eclipse plugin for C#. That should increase my productivity massively.
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
What does your eclipse plugin do exactly?

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
Allows me to use C# in Eclipse.
Basically, Eclipse is the best Development Environment for Java, and whenever I learn a new language looking for an Eclipse Plugin is top priority.
Still haven't found any for English, Spanish, French or German yet...  
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2008, 02:46:31 AM »
So Eclipse is an IDE, and your plugin lets you use Eclipse to program C#?  Gotcha.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 02:51:27 AM »
Yes, IDE, that's it; I just spent the last half hour trying to remember what the proper word was.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:51:44 AM by bacillus »
- Carl Sagan

Offline k0zm0

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
I learned C#.
I'm currently making a Travian Bot, that will be completely autonomous.
Also I'm making a Settlers of Catan bots, that will self-improve using genetic algorithms.
I've come a long way since my last post under suggestions. I've been reading a lot about genetic programming.

I will take a look at the new code 3.0 code, if I can...
I'm not crazy and I'm not normal.
If I were normal, I would go crazy.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »
hey, long time no see

There's a wiki page which goes over how to look at the source and set everything up.  It's under source code-> C# version.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2008, 12:03:04 AM »
I might be back on the project, if I can scrape up all the information I've misplaced on an extremely cluttered desktop (I use two screens, but sometimes the computer spontaneously decides to move all my stuff from one screen to another, so I categorize in folders. My junk programs folder for obsolete programs has 78 elements   )
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »
Cool.  I use two screens, too.  They set me up like that at work, and once I couldn't do without.  I moved my computer over to my 1080p $1000 TV and I use it as a second monitor now   It's like 38" so it dwarfs my 19" computer monitor   You might want to give this a try, I've found it very useful.

Anyway, check out the wiki page for the code, I've moved it and reorganized it since last you saw it.

Offline Cyberduke

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Cool.  I use two screens, too.  They set me up like that at work, and once I couldn't do without.  I moved my computer over to my 1080p $1000 TV and I use it as a second monitor now   It's like 38" so it dwarfs my 19" computer monitor   You might want to give this a try, I've found it very useful.

All the devs where I work have two and some even three screens; I have always used two, both for home and work. Though my 24” dell wide screen now seems small compared to Numsgil’s  38” TV , but at least it’s a higher res at 1920x1600

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Call to Programmers
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 12:15:22 AM »
My screen is oddly shaped, like an A3 piece of paper except a bit narrower and longer.
Anyway, I installed C# development edition, now all I have to get is the subversion program, might use SVN3 (are different programs compatible? I have no idea.)
- Carl Sagan