Code center > Darwinbots3

DB3 progress and networking

<< < (2/8) > >>

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: spike43884 on March 24, 2015, 01:26:42 PM ---It's like with java, I can't program in it, yet I can explain exactly what system to use for a complicated task to a java programmer? The world is a mysterious place indeed.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect?

--- Quote ---What language are you doing it in?

--- End quote ---

Let's play a little scavenger hunt type game and see if you can find the answer  :)  I'll give you a hint in the form of a limerick:

There once was a Darwinbots user
The wiki-- it could not confuse her
For in its bright pages
The words of the sages
Something Something read the wiki

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Numsgil on March 24, 2015, 10:33:55 PM ---Hmm, are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect?

--- End quote ---
I wasn't familiar with the Dunning-Kruger Effect, by that name, but most people would notice that. A biased viewpoint of ones self.
Anyway, Im not sure, It seems by every simple-level test that I should be able to make some magnificent program, yet give me something to write it in, and well, it goes kaput. Hmm, its a bit like a quote from jurassic park really...Do you remember "I think little boys are born wanting to be one of two things, astronomers or astronauts" where he says, some of them will want to watch from the safe, far away. Stating whats happening, or happened but never actually being there, or being there, in the danger actually being right in the action.

--- Quote from: Numsgil on March 24, 2015, 10:33:55 PM ---Let's play a little scavenger hunt type game and see if you can find the answer  :)  I'll give you a hint in the form of a limerick:

There once was a Darwinbots user
The wiki-- it could not confuse her
For in its bright pages
The words of the sages
Something Something read the wiki

--- End quote ---
Nice Limerick. C#
I've not done C# before, but some point later this year in computer science we should be learning it, so I'll have an early shot at it. -Just hoping you've programmed it modular.ly-

Also, random fact: You never actually go to www.darwinbots.com as you actually go to www.darwinbots.com.

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: spike43884 on March 25, 2015, 12:38:34 PM ----Just hoping you've programmed it modular.ly-

--- End quote ---

You can browse the source here: svn.darwinbots.com/Darwinbots3 or there's a nice web interface here: http://websvn.darwinbots.com/listing.php?repname=Darwinbots3&path=%2FTrunk%2FModules%2F&#a6326297d44805def74d70f2afb501a33.  Short answer: it's very modular.  There's a lot of "About This Folder.txt" files that you can read to get an idea of what the modules actually are supposed to do.

In terms of progress, I'm still pretty much where I was when I wrote this (life's been busy and all).

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Numsgil on March 25, 2015, 03:55:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: spike43884 on March 25, 2015, 12:38:34 PM ----Just hoping you've programmed it modular.ly-

--- End quote ---

You can browse the source here: svn.darwinbots.com/Darwinbots3 or there's a nice web interface here: http://websvn.darwinbots.com/listing.php?repname=Darwinbots3&path=%2FTrunk%2FModules%2F&#a6326297d44805def74d70f2afb501a33.  Short answer: it's very modular.  There's a lot of "About This Folder.txt" files that you can read to get an idea of what the modules actually are supposed to do.

In terms of progress, I'm still pretty much where I was when I wrote this (life's been busy and all).

--- End quote ---
I may a lot more give very technical details on systems to do some of the modules if I can't grapple C#
The web interface is a lot nicer (times new roman -> killed me)
Do you know any good tutorials etc. for C#

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Numsgil on March 25, 2015, 03:55:56 PM --- or there's a nice web interface here: http://websvn.darwinbots.com/listing.php?repname=Darwinbots3&path=%2FTrunk%2FModules%2F&#a6326297d44805def74d70f2afb501a33. 

--- End quote ---
I might ask, how can I edit things on that link, Im thinking of first adding some notes in the networking module. I might be able to devise something there. Primarily including port arrays hopefully.
[Definition] "Port Arrays" & "Port Array Teaming" - Port arrays are a specific pattern of ports, used to connect. This is beneficial over one port as if the specific port you connect via is blocked, a port array can divert to the unblocked ports, partially because it can be returned a ping to inform it of the successful ports. If multiple get through it can be teamed to allow stress on the ports to be alieviated so other programs can also get though.

That should help on what I mean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version