Code center > Darwinbots3

DB3 progress and networking

<< < (8/8)

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: spike43884 on April 14, 2015, 07:00:39 AM --- im presuming your working it more off surface tension.

--- End quote ---

Surface tension is a different phenomenon.  If you want the closest analog that makes physical sense, I'm simulating pressure (only that's not really exactly true).

--- Quote ---If you were to include surface tension via the panels oxygen could be more key than I thought, I wasn't originally thinking about oxygen for rich/poor area's and was more thinking of the bots spending some energy to take in oxygen, to then perform respiration etc. which would make them struggle in a CO2 rich sim. But if you included surface tension, you could create air bubbles and such...

--- End quote ---

It'll have a primitive form of respiration, but it'll work more like the "speed" of metabolism (how fast you can break things apart for nrg, or how fast you can build sugars from light using photosynthesis) is controlled by how many panels you have.  I really don't want to simulate anything that's supposed to be well mixed.

--- Quote ---Also, could you make something to help bots 'attach' to non-bot things more. I mean water droplets or shapes would be nice to be interacted with, I've always wanted to use shapes or such to make an amoeba with its little dwelling.

--- End quote ---

Shapes will be made up of panels, too.  By which I mean the surface of shapes will also be composed of equilateral line segments.  Panels can get "sticky" and attach to other panels.  So in that way bots can connect to each other or to their surroundings.

Shapes will also be destructible.  So bots can remove material from a shape and carve out a little hole.  Bot corpses will tend to "clump" over time and form new shapes (partly to keep the environment interesting, partly to make the sim run faster).

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Numsgil on April 14, 2015, 01:24:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: spike43884 on April 14, 2015, 07:00:39 AM --- im presuming your working it more off surface tension.

--- End quote ---

Surface tension is a different phenomenon.  If you want the closest analog that makes physical sense, I'm simulating pressure (only that's not really exactly true).

--- Quote ---If you were to include surface tension via the panels oxygen could be more key than I thought, I wasn't originally thinking about oxygen for rich/poor area's and was more thinking of the bots spending some energy to take in oxygen, to then perform respiration etc. which would make them struggle in a CO2 rich sim. But if you included surface tension, you could create air bubbles and such...

--- End quote ---

It'll have a primitive form of respiration, but it'll work more like the "speed" of metabolism (how fast you can break things apart for nrg, or how fast you can build sugars from light using photosynthesis) is controlled by how many panels you have.  I really don't want to simulate anything that's supposed to be well mixed.

--- Quote ---Also, could you make something to help bots 'attach' to non-bot things more. I mean water droplets or shapes would be nice to be interacted with, I've always wanted to use shapes or such to make an amoeba with its little dwelling.

--- End quote ---

Shapes will be made up of panels, too.  By which I mean the surface of shapes will also be composed of equilateral line segments.  Panels can get "sticky" and attach to other panels.  So in that way bots can connect to each other or to their surroundings.

Shapes will also be destructible.  So bots can remove material from a shape and carve out a little hole.  Bot corpses will tend to "clump" over time and form new shapes (partly to keep the environment interesting, partly to make the sim run faster).

--- End quote ---
Can you make the interiors from the bots leak out so the materials can be eaten easily. Everyone likes some guts spilling out.

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: spike43884 on April 15, 2015, 07:29:03 AM ---Can you make the interiors from the bots leak out so the materials can be eaten easily. Everyone likes some guts spilling out.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's on my feature list :)

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Numsgil on April 15, 2015, 12:10:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: spike43884 on April 15, 2015, 07:29:03 AM ---Can you make the interiors from the bots leak out so the materials can be eaten easily. Everyone likes some guts spilling out.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's on my feature list :)

--- End quote ---
It'd be nice if we had the protein patterns on the surface of bots...Plus some sort of overhaul of the virus system...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version