Author Topic: Problem with 3.4 source code?  (Read 10123 times)

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Problem with 3.4 source code?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 03:15:15 PM »
Well this is nothing big but is just odd. The little symbol that is supposed to be inside each bot appears to be outside instead.

I've just restarted with a new symbol and it's fine now.  :wacko:  :blink:

Also tried Helios out and it freaked out, then I got a "subscript out of range" in

IntStack.val(IntStack.pos) = value
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 03:18:01 PM by Ulciscor »
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 03:17:53 PM »
Oh No!

Inside out robots!  :unsure:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 03:26:32 PM »
It seems that the symbols aren't being resized for growing/shrinking bots.

Do you mind if I poke around to try and solve some of these myself? I can post either whole forms/modules or just blocks of code as appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 03:29:14 PM by Ulciscor »

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 03:36:02 PM »
You don't even wanna see what's happening with ties.  :rolleyes:

Are you going to start hating me pretty soon?  :P

Take a look-see!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 03:53:57 PM »
1.  Ties don't have a breaking length at the moment.

2.  Helios freaks out because as it reproduces to make it's body, the distances between bots change.

3.  Feel free to fix any and all problems.  I'm much better at editing source code (editing in the same way that a magazine Editor edits) than writing it.

If you want alot of fun, turn on gravity.  The bots will actually bounce off the bottom like it's a trampoline.  Weeee!  This bot is fun too to experiment with the new tie physics:

Code: [Select]
cond
start
.tie inc
stop

cond
start
100 *.numties div .sharenrg store
stop

cond
*.nrg 25000 >
start
10 .repro store
stop
end

Just drag those babies around with the mouse, and they'll tie to anything and everything.  Use the console to fixpos one with gravity on, and the rest will hang and bounce around quite realistically.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 12:32:19 PM »
Forgive me for a being a little off topic yet again , but this is interesting:

What is the "inverse square root" of a number , and how the hell are you using it in db?!

I think you do indeed have bit manupilation in vb, there is a convirt into bytes function, and then you use an erray loop and do your and xor not or whatever right using vb code itself.
What kind of bit manupulation are you talking about?!

Edit:

This is sad: vb indeed has no way to convirt numbers into a bit array unless you do it yourself ( I beleave convirt using hex() first )
However: the vb's and or xor not opperators actualy do bit compare, read the msdn on it , its at the bottom of each page.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 02:14:24 PM »
There's this really neat function that finds that inverse square root of a numkber FAST.  And think about it.  Usually you're dividing by the square root anyway.  And if you need the actual square root, you just take the square times the inverse square root.

If you're interested in it, you can look in the DLL source code I included in 2.4, and see how I use it in the Common.bas file.

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 05:33:35 PM »
The inverse square root is the reciprocal of the square root of a number, isn't it?

The inverse square root of 4 is 4^(-0.5) or 1/(4)^0.5, which equals a half.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 06:00:21 PM »
Exactly.  Turns out the inverse square root of a number is easier to calculate than the square root using certain numerical methods.

I had an article at one time explaining how the cryptic function worked, but I'm not sure what happened to it.  I do know it was lifted from Quake 2 source.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2005, 06:21:27 AM »
how do I make so I can get it as exe file and use it? the source code I mean
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 03:00:34 PM »
can someone answer plz
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 04:02:53 PM »
I assume you have visual Basic (henceforth refered to as VB).

Load up the source code into VB (I assume yo uknow how to do this).

File->Make Darwin2.4, put it in your DarwinbotsII folder.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 02:11:38 AM »
ive tried installing VB on 2 pc but it dont work, it keeps saying that somefiles cant be copied so it quit

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 05:14:55 AM »
2.4 is only available as source code atm, so you need VB.

Are you having trouble installing the VB from the DB server? If so try reading the readme in the zip file, as you can get errors if you select to install programs other than VB such as Visual C.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 05:35:45 AM »
I install the basic, nothing mroe than it want to install from the begining but I still get errors