Author Topic: Bugs I've fixed in 2.4  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs I've fixed in 2.4
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:52:57 PM »
I'll release an upgrade to 2.4 later this weekend.

1.  Delgene now works.
2.  Translocation no longer tries to mutate for every bp you have every time you reproduce
3.  Sqr now used instead of other sqr function since I can't get anything else to run as fast.  Basically means no DLL to download or install.
4.  Save/load routines now save the new variables.
5.  Added a new costs page.  Bots in 2.4 beta were being charged 1 nrg for every movement point they tried to make.  This had been remedied by the new costs page.  This is probably why many bots were dying.  Some new ways to charge bots nrg has been created.
6.  Fixed viruses so they work now.  Going with the model used in 2.37.4, except shots fire out at a random angle.
7.  Fixed the shootval power increase: now, instead of charging n nrg, it charges n * shot costs (ie: chemical emission costs).  Which means that under F1 conditions, it's even cheaper to use than before!
8.  Added sysvars:
  • in/out <3,4,5>.  Figured that this would become important for ant bots, etc.
  • timer - Like .robage, will increment every cycle.  However, this is passed on to children.  That means that, given 1000 generations from a single bot, all children bots would read the same value for *.timer unless they saved something else to timer.
9.  Fixed the "angle" and "dist" operators.
10.  When a sim crashes, it now saves the current simulation as error.sim.  This should make it easier for you to recover from crashes as well as report bugs.

I'll release it later Saturday evening.  That's my evening!  May be different from your evening.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 11:32:29 PM by Numsgil »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs I've fixed in 2.4
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 11:18:45 PM »
Here's an easy one to fix: add default values in physics panel, right now it's neither solid nor liquid (what is it?).
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs I've fixed in 2.4
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 11:21:15 PM »
The way they work right now, when there's a change in one of those pulldown menus, it changes the physics constants.  But the real physics constants always exist behind the scenes, generally well defined.

You can view them via the advanced physics tab.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 11:21:29 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs I've fixed in 2.4
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 07:41:30 PM »
I updated the above.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs I've fixed in 2.4
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 11:32:59 PM »
And again.  Boy are you guys going to love this thing when it works!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs I've fixed in 2.4
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 03:51:59 PM »
I was going to release 2.4.0 later today... but I got started on Light's reported bug that shots aren't returning nrg correctly... and realized that the shots code is a mish mash spagetti ball of mush.

So I'm going to spend some time unraveling it.  Expect 2.4 Sunday or Monday.