Author Topic: Wierd problem running DB  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Wierd problem running DB
« on: August 07, 2005, 03:01:30 PM »
Ok strange one for you. Not sure if this is even the right forum but what the heck.

I recently installed a badly written VB program. It seems to have done something horrible to my system like overwritten a bunch of VB files somewhere as whenever I run DB this other program runs as well. I deleted the offending program and now it runs an installer for it as it cant find the required files to run it. I expunged all traces of it from my system and it still does it.

So whats the deal, any ideas? What files is it likely to have overwritten? And where can I get them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 03:02:00 PM by Shen »

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Wierd problem running DB
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 05:40:02 PM »
Is it listed in Add/Remove programs? Are there entries maybe lurking in your registry? Maybe it overwrote component (.ocx) files? You should be able to sort it by reinstalling vb if you can.
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Wierd problem running DB
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 08:28:54 PM »
This one soundes like you have been invaded by a really evolved virsion of smexe. Just gessing though, I mean I would wana keep track of all shen is coding I mean after that TheOne bot...

:lol:

P.S.
I have nothing to do with it, dont worry. (Maybe I let slip that smexe into the web already , I had a bill a while back 320 calls a month)

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Wierd problem running DB
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 02:37:22 PM »
Problem fixed, it was .ocx files :) Cheers Ulc