Code center > Old Suggestions Awaiting Programming

New DNA commands

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zelos:
its good, then we can have viruses that mutate

Shen:
Its very complicated to defend against virus attack in F1, though I suppose it is possible. When I wrote Callidus I tried to put some virus protection in it and its so difficult that it made the bot much less effective. I just gave up and wrote a very simple single gene to stop the virus spreading but the system I had in mind was like this......

1: Basically I detected when there where more genes than usual with a *.genes 24 >

2: Next stage activate every single gene so it could record which number every gene was with *.thisgene in a custom varible.

3: Increment a timer that checks each gene one cycle at a time and if it doesnt match up with the gene number stored in the custom variable it deletes the gene.

Simple enough to program but...

4: Of course this means you need as many custom variables as you have genes, I used *.Mygene1-24.

5: Then your bot is disabled for 25 odd cycles while it checks your genome.

6: And still you have to suffer the virus affects so you need to store 0 in every likely attacked sysvar.

Pretty complex. Not that any virus bots can stop Callidus anyway  :evil:

Zelos:
whit the new system it will be easier to detect mutations atleast. we have 3 brother genes and they allways watch over one and another so no one ever get it wrong on the "test" ;)

Zelos:
long time since I were here before. but here I am with a few ideas that are simular. couldnt we also add so a bot is able to mutate it self? like a .mute commad. with it the bot mutate. the amount of dna mutated could be the number before it.

Greven:
I mean I somewhere read that bacteria is able to mutate more if they are exposed to pencillin(anti-biotic), maybe not a mutate command (it is to artificial), but the bot can set its temporariely set it own mutating parameters, like 2 x current value or 1/2 x current value, without getting to specific, with a cost of couse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version