Author Topic: Veggie Energy  (Read 11213 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Veggie Energy
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:05 AM »
Sorry to step on your feet a little. But I recently had a long discussion on this with a real Biologist and that is what I am going with.

http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php/topic,3721.0.html

Offline SlyStalker

• Bot Destroyer
  • nomnomnomnom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »
ah i see... i had no idea about that... but it looks good!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 05:34:14 AM »
Ok, I haven't read through all replies (to lazy to read every one) BUT continueing this strong rainforest analogy...possibly a slightly alternative system
Both of you are correct in, overcrowding leads to light loss but the veggies dont cover entire screen...Just have NRG distributed equally across the sim, then have it based off size...because if a plant had super-huge leaves, it'd get more energy from the sun...(Though irl that would also mean more water loss...but were susposing these sims are in swamp-like conditions, like all non-biome-specific sims) and then we have a nice simple system, more area you cover = more energy you get.
(Just work it off a tiny grid and each box your in, you get that boxes energy.)
of course this means big-bertha veggies get ridiculously huge, so you'd need to work on bot enviroments (see my pollpost) so you'd need a huge-veggie disadvantage...but yep, that'd be a easiest system
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.