Author Topic: What's your religion?  (Read 6357 times)

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
OK, so I was wondering, what's your guy's religions?

BTW I hope no-one gets offended, I'm actually very tolerant of other's beliefs. I will make fun of you if you have a funny avatar though
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:51:34 AM by happyhamsterchan »
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:09:24 AM »
I believe in the Almighty Atheismo...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:01:54 AM »
I think there was another religion topic somewhere. Well I'm christian, just so you know. Most creationists are christian, but I don't think most christians are creationists.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:37:11 PM by Houshalter »

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 11:13:17 AM »
I'm atheist, simply because I have no reason to believe that there's a god. There's no evidence. However, it's possible that the universe is a simulation. Evidence to support this is the fact that electrons appear and disappear, jumping from one place to another. This would be their difference in position between "cycles".  
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »
Quote from: Billy
I'm atheist, simply because I have no reason to believe that there's a god. There's no evidence. However, it's possible that the universe is a simulation. Evidence to support this is the fact that electrons appear and disappear, jumping from one place to another. This would be their difference in position between "cycles".  

trippy
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »
It's scary to think that we might actually just be 3D objects on a computer simulation, kind of like DarwinBots I suppose.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »
"I think, therefore I am." Its all we'll ever truly know, and even then theres the possibility that its flawed logic and our minds are being manipulated to believe its true. But whats it matter anyways?

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
I think, therefore I am... not necessarily. If every atom, every electron, every Higgs Boson is simulated, you would think but be merely a large amount of binary.

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
Here's my apathy kicking in... who cares? I won't act any different if I'm simulated or not, it has no effect on my life. Problem solved!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »
Quote from: Billy
I think, therefore I am... not necessarily. If every atom, every electron, every Higgs Boson is simulated, you would think but be merely a large amount of binary.
In which case you still exist.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 11:02:07 PM »
Now for the real question-do we have any atheist creationists?
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 11:18:34 PM »
I think scientologists might be classified as atheists. And in general, panspermists, although their pretty rare.

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
As a god, i dont have to believe, i'm just there here, and everywhere.  

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:26:30 AM »
I guess the simulation theory is an atheist creationist'ish belief.
And it's hard to argue with that theory, since in a sim the bots world is updated at a certain framerate and it would never be able to move outside those confines. So if we're just an advanced evo sim, we would never be able to find out, and as mentioned the behavior of electrons still eludes us and it would be a more or less valid theory that things work this way because the physics in our world are just the sim settings but when you look at the smaller bits things behave very oddly.
And as crazy as the theory may be, wouldn't it be awesome if we where actualy just a simulation... making out own simulations. (Maybe we can get that ball rolling around DB 1000)

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's your religion?
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 11:53:44 AM »
do budhists/jainists count as atheist creationists?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!