General > Biology

300,000 birds

<< < (2/4) > >>

Houshalter:
Im not really sure if a bunch of birds ever really hurt anybody. I can immagine today the hell it would be if a flock of 2 billion pigeons flew overhead, but i think they only flew in numbers like that for migration.

Numsgil:
It's not the flocking for the birds, it's the roosting.  If you've ever been near where a large population of birds is nesting, you know that:

1.  It's noisy
2.  There's poop everywhere.

Houshalter:
Thats true. I hate pigeons. There were some that used to live in our barn and they poop on everything. We tried to shoot them with a bb gun but they didn't even budge when they were hit. They weren't afraid of loud noises, like an airhorn, either. In the end we sealed the hole the pigeons were getting through and that stopped them, at least untill they learn to fly through walls.

bacillus:
Remind me of the mice problem we used to have. We used to keep them from getting into the garage by sealing the hole they ate through the wall with silicate builder's foam. A month later, our car engine started playing up, it turns out the mice had eaten the silicate sealer and made a nest in the car's are filter!  

ashton15:
And that's where cats come handy...   Just not so handy when they kill all the cute little froggy woggies and robins and stuff...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version