Author Topic: small point for DB III  (Read 2899 times)

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
small point for DB III
« on: November 10, 2009, 02:12:11 PM »
On occasion I run evo sims with large (1000 BP) bots. Default mutation settings are much too high then to run a sim. I then typically operate at the very minimum possible: 1/32 and max numbers entered, in order to allow for selection and evolution and not degeneration. Even for small bots I have never found myself operating on te right side of the slide. Basically the slide system would operate well if the default mutation probabilities were two orders of magnitude lower (1/100)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
small point for DB III
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
Yeah, the default values are too high.  I'll crunch some math and see if I can get some reasonable defaults.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
small point for DB III
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
Could just be a field allowing you to enter a value. Or an option to make the odds relative to the average dna length, so a longer genome wouldn't cause more mutations. (Could be simulating a stronger magnetic field forming allowing more complex organisms to evolve )

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
small point for DB III
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 03:19:45 AM »
I like the slide, it is just that the middle setting is too high. in addition another base number might be more useful. For instance every notch being a 1/4 as opposed to 1/2