Author Topic: I think im stupid  (Read 3453 times)

Offline lalzar

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
I think im stupid
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:49:52 AM »
I'm sure its just user error but it seems that no matter what parameters I run or with what species even vegi minimalis and animal minimalis I just end up with a large cyber mess with random behavior in no way pertaining to the species coding random lining shooting friendlies ect...

sorry sorry I am indeed stupid I disabled mutations and everything worked fine it is mutations that cause everything to turn to cyber chaos
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:59:41 AM by lalzar »

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
I think im stupid
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 02:58:17 AM »
That looks like pretty standard Alga Minimalis v. Animal Minimalis to me. The orange lines are birth ties, Animal Minimalis doesn't explicitly do anything with them, so they usually break after a little while. When they are hitting each other with shots, that is just a byproduct of the physics in the simulation, the shots take time to get towards the alga, and the other bots wander into them.

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
I think im stupid
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:44:28 PM »
First of all do not equate better with more advanced. Secondly as a cause your mutation rate may be too high. For an evo sim I usually set the mutation rates lower. Typically as an output I get a ratio of species diversity to species population of 1:10. In addition I have >200 bot in a sim . The combination ensures that mutations have to be beneficial to take over the sim.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:47:59 PM by ikke »

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
I think im stupid
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
If you have a long genome it'll be more likely to mutate, noticed you had min mutation multiplier. If it's not low enough you can lower the individual odds for each mutation when inserting new bots (Or if you wish you also select a bot in the sim and change the mutation settings for that specific bot.)