Author Topic: Leagues won't run new challengers 2.43L/M  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Ta-183

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Leagues won't run new challengers 2.43L/M
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:07:44 PM »
No matter what version of 2.43 I use, league fights ALWAYS go top-down starting with the first two bots. I do everything right, I set it up correctly, physics and costs are set to F1 defaults, and I can't get it to work. This is a BIG problem, since I'm working on some improvements to one of my bots, and I need to see how things are going. I'd HATE to have to run this manually.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
You mean like the challenger starts fighting the #1 bot?

The only thing I can think is maybe the league file you're using is backwards?

Offline Ta-183

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:21 PM »
No, I mean it starts with the league's top two bots. If I run the F3 league, it starts with Gimmick and Bouncer.

Need a fix kinda quick, today is my last day to work on my bot before I lose access for another week or so. I'm working on Slam Funk2.1, which despite still being unable to defeat beholder at this stage of testing, is working a lot closer to how SF2.0 should have. I probably jumped the gun when I released it, because SF2 was littered with typing and syntax errors, not to mention buggy conditions. I've started branching off development of new features for it too, next chance I get to work on it I will be developing a fractal-based shield, derived from the DNA of Arborea, which was a fractal multibot veggie derived from an experiment with fractals a while back on the forum. For now, SF2 will use a last-ditch reproduction burst, which should be replaced with the shield by SF2.2, no later than version 2.4.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:02:15 PM by Ta-183 »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »
It shouldn't do that   I'm afraid I don't have a good answer for you.