Author Topic: Automatic waste removal  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Automatic waste removal
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:47:51 AM »
I've noticed in some bots that when they have accumulated waste just over the threshold, which in my sim is set to 3200, it suddenly jumps down to just a few hundred. Is the program designed to do that, or have they just been lucky to have a gene that causes that? Some other bots though accumulates waste so quickly it triggers Alzheimers, which you can see in the upper left of the picture.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Automatic waste removal
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:54:20 PM »
It's a bug, waste doesn't kill properly, in my sims it makes the bot reproduce and messes up the eyes and inserts random code. The new code is usualy something very short and cryptic and seems to do nothing yet tends to make the bot do all sorts of strange things...
Personaly I use an alge which ties to bots with too much waste and boosts their shootval to -32000... it's working fairly well so far.
The bug seems rather odd to me, so I have no idea how or where to fix it. Generaly the bugs in the latest source seem realy odd to me... like when you could only see how much poison and shell you had when you could see something in eye5... I don't even see how those things could be related

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Automatic waste removal
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
Ok. I think it was designed though that when a bot gets too much waste it would get poisoned causing an alzheimer effect to cause random behavior, but I think it's unrealistic for a bot to be able to perform instruction that doesn't exist in the genes. Better if it would make it increasingly more difficult for a bot to perform ANY instruction the more waste it has, and also kill it if it gets too much waste.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Automatic waste removal
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
It's hard to say if it's a bug or not.  When waste is designed to cause random behavior it's hard to decide if the behavior you see is proper or not.  You definitely have a .shootval in that DNA.  Might be that the bot has evolved to store large values in shootval, and alzheimers eventually causes it to shoot out all its waste.