Author Topic: how about new multibot commands  (Read 2385 times)

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
how about new multibot commands
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:58:51 PM »
the way to generate MB bots is way complex I note, could it be a bit more simplified?
How about some helping new commands, new ideas

.numties counts all ties in a conected group; does allready exist

.botties would only count individual ties (how many neighbors do I have connected).

Have a colectieve mem area or some way to easily communicate to all other connected bots.
.colectmem1 ... trough .. colectmem10
This area could belong to the first bot but all other bots in the creature should be able to read or write it.
Order of exuction bot X writes 6 or bot Y writes 7 solved by *.ID order  (see next..)
(if there are no ID's as result of other reproduction methods; in order of bot age; same age well then its random just who deals first).

have a reproID command; with a counter which next bot find in the valeu *.ID  
Actualy maybe in two version one counting upwards from the whole group of connected bots/ the other only counts up from a spefic bot parrent.
the highest .ID could then be stored in for example .collectmem  so the lowest is head the highest become a tail (snake shape).
Also you could do then easily create things like :

(if you would like to grow a tree)
cond
*.ID 4 =     'target a single bot for reproduction in one line
*.nrg 3000 >
start
 20 .BotIDRepro store
stop

or
cond
*.botID = 3  í'm the tirth arm of parent bot.
*.eye5 50 >
start

A specific bot ID is then used to repro from and since multibot is the topic of these requests the birth should stay alive not vanish.
Reprocost could be a bit higher (as you didnt needed to fire a .tie)
But thats no problem (so other smart repro ideas have some reward of their programming skills).

It would make DarwinBots less hard to program, I think
Altough great scripts have been writen, but they use so many lines of code to just get them connected, to define heads or to let a specific bot inside do something special, and so often the ties connect in a wrong way then intended.. it would spare us all a lot of time I think.