Author Topic: Building  (Read 3514 times)

Offline k0zm0

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Building
« on: April 07, 2005, 01:41:34 PM »
So, I noticed Ca and SiO2 in new version...

I thought, why not use this by bots to build things?
First, I thought bots could collect the stuff and make walls by them selfs (SiO2 walls, Ca walls) by shooting collected stuff into grid by concentrating it into single point. Then I thought, hey, we could use corpses and use this stuff only to "glue" them together.
Just like building a house of bricks and use this stuff only to layer the corpses...
And why not alow to tie to a corpse and drag it somewhere?

But at the other hand, this could be used as weapon to glue a bot to imobilize it.

Perhaps you are wondering, why would this feature add something good to DB?
Well, there is another way to escape from a predator, so why not build a shelter?
I'm not crazy and I'm not normal.
If I were normal, I would go crazy.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Building
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »
making SiO2/Ca walls idea sux. and corpses doest I think is such a good idea for animals to use. I have never seen a animal make a nest of corpses. but if the veg bots drop things like branches or maybe that can be something that can be taken from the vegs. or maybe you can make branches growing from the bot to increase its area so it gets more light
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline k0zm0

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Building
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 04:38:03 PM »
I think humans are animals and I am damm sure that you used something made of wood, table, chair, anything...
If you look at it, humans are using stuff that is made of dead cells!
And also I am sure that would be quite good idea, well I would use it, the stuff you could do with it...

Also, that would make current walls obsolete...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 04:39:15 PM by k0zm0 »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Building
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 06:06:44 PM »
I like the idea of the bots making walls the best. Maybe just require certain levels of Ca and SiO2 to make a single wall block. This could then be tied to and moved around as necessary. Would probably want some sort of degrading occur with the walls so the program doesn't slow down too much. Walls probably wouldn't be an end all defense since it would be difficult/impossible to completly defend the bot with them and be able to hunt effectivly. Might be an idea to have a refvar for walls so the bot can identify them.

Endy B)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Building
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 07:30:26 PM »
k0zmo is right.  Our houses and lots of other things are generally made from corpses.  Cell corpses.

I was imagining that some substances are 'hard'.  Sand, Calcium, etc. can be 'dug into' and 'redeposited', but where they are can't be moved through.  My idea for this was primarily ant nests.

As for some kind of glue...  I guess you could 'bury' corpses.  I'm still not sure how sand, etc. should impede robot movement.  If  bot bangs against a single solidly packed cell of sand, the sand should probably try moving backwards a bit.

It all confuses me a bit to be honest.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Building
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 12:34:29 AM »
I was more thinking on dead stuff like a human body, they smell.
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline k0zm0

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Building
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 07:08:37 AM »
I thought you were...

Anyway, building, dirt (sand) walls would be great... And one more thing, did you ever try throwing sand into somebodies eyes... I am preaty sure they couldn't see at thet momen, same could be done here... bot shooting sand into attackers eyes...
 :D