Author Topic: Another one...  (Read 2814 times)

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Another one...
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:30:58 PM »
I just tried to change the sim costs, and I get Run-time error '713'...

"Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.
MSSTDFMT.DLL"

Thanks in advance (again)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, another error...

when I do regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll, I get

The module "C:\Windows\System32\msstdfmt.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

I'm assuming this isn't admin related because it didn't mention anything about not being in admin mode.

Also, how do I run as admin anyway? This is vista obviously.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:12:11 PM by jknilinux »

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Another one...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 01:44:59 AM »
Here is a solution.
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Numsgil)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE (Numsgil)[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]...Do a google search for msstdfmt.dlland you should turn up some hits. Download it to your system32 directory in your windows install (eg: c:\windows\system32\), then go to the start->run and type "regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll". Sorry if it's a bit of a technical excercise, someday maybe we'll get around to producing a proper installer  [/quote]
(out of the above topic)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Another one...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:53:44 AM »
Quote from: Shasta
Here is a solution.
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Numsgil)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE (Numsgil)[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]...Do a google search for msstdfmt.dlland you should turn up some hits. Download it to your system32 directory in your windows install (eg: c:\windows\system32\), then go to the start->run and type "regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll". Sorry if it's a bit of a technical excercise, someday maybe we'll get around to producing a proper installer  
(out of the above topic)
[/quote]
Small note, for this you would need admin-priviledge. In XP fine, in vista you will have to rightclick and run as admin.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.