Author Topic: Hello! And a few questions  (Read 6991 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hello! And a few questions
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 01:51:41 PM »
Each 0 would be a base pair.  Basically a basepair is anything that is separated by white space from another word (base pair) in the genome.

Offline Lyndon

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
Okay thanks, I shall leave this sim running then, next question. Do changes made in the options during play time effect play after that point? Because I read somewhere that the don't.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 02:18:57 PM »
They do take affect, but maybe not in the way you think.  Changes to a species, for instance, changes the template from which new robots are spawned, but it won't change any of the existing bots or their children.  So making a bot a veg will mean that only new bots that are created from nothing (say, from a restart or from a veggy respawn) will be veggies and get nrg for free.

All the physics settings, etc. will take affect immediately like you would think they should.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »
Quote from: Lyndon
Okay thanks, I shall leave this sim running then, next question. Do changes made in the options during play time effect play after that point? Because I read somewhere that the don't.
They do.  But the new settings as well as the sim progress itself won't be saved unless you save the sim or use autosave.
Many beers....