Author Topic: Mutation in DB Out The Window...  (Read 4023 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Mutation in DB Out The Window...
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:50:37 PM »
Field size 9237 X 6928. If you can't figure out how to get this (non standard size),
-PY

good bye making legue settings for ordinary mutation simulations, good bye firstbot-evolved, good bye darwin Bots part1

Good bye darwin bots part2:

All Mutation types asked for added = false

my own plasment control added = false

do you save the robots mutation rates when you save its dna file as .txt on the hard drive = false

Good bye darwin bots part3:

No more bouncey codes , next the exselaration will go....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 04:00:17 PM »
Good bye darwin bots

Promises, promises.   :rolleyes:  :P

Aren't we being a bit melodramatic.

All Mutation types asked for added = false

my own plasment control added = false

do you save the robots mutation rates when you save its dna file as .txt on the hard drive = false

Seriously Bots, I just got PY's mutation stuff today.  He and I both said that we wouldn't get it until today.

But I releleased 2.36.1 yesterday.  Hmm...

Yep, that's right, I haven't had time to add PY's mutation stuff into program yet.  And I told you that your robot placement code is great, but it's not a high priority at the moment.  If you can't add it yourself you'll have to wait until I get around to it.  Before I do that I have to add PY's code and fix several bugs.

Field size 9237 X 6928. If you can't figure out how to get this (non standard size),
-PY

good bye making legue settings for ordinary mutation simulations, good bye firstbot-evolved, good bye darwin Bots part1

Relax.  I changed what size 1 is.  Field size 1 is now 8237 X 6928.  That's the standard field size all your sims have been in probably.  The only field size 1 was actuially itty bitty.

What PY is asking for is nothing new.  It's been like that since the dawn of time.  Long before you joined.

No more bouncey codes , next the exselaration will go....

If you absolutely hate the new phsyics stuff, say so and see what happens.  You don't have to be passive aggressive and threaten to quit Darwinbots.  That's just a little childish.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 04:04:01 PM »
How can I set the feild size to be just like in the legues?

How can I make the bots move like billiard balls when they collide?

ok , ok , you will add it , I was getting nervos... , ( I am currently through pusher bots code , I cant even figure out my own projects :( )

few you will add it ...  :)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 04:11:23 PM »
How can I set the feild size to be just like in the legues?

How can I make the bots move like billiard balls when they collide?

ok , ok , you will add it , I was getting nervos... , ( I am currently through pusher bots code , I cant even figure out my own projects :( )

few you will add it ...  :)
Go to the restart whatever panel.  Click F1 contest mode.  Unclick it.  You are now in F1 mode settings, including field size.

Or you can just set the size slider to 1.  I fixed it so that works too.

As for how the bots collide...  You can't in 2.36.  Most people didn't want that anyway.  If you still want it you'll have to wait until some kind of checkbox in the menu is in place.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 04:15:28 PM »
Bloody Hell Bots!

You don't have make a fuss a lot.

I told you exactly how to do it it the league instruction. Go to the leagues tab, press the button for F1 conditions (this brings up all f1 conditions except the new stuff). Press the bloody button again and you are out of F1 mode but ALL THE SETTINGS STAY

I've said it before and I will say it one more time

Read the bloody messages properly before you start chucking a fit!

LOOK! Here is the full sentance that you just quoted a chunk out of.
Field size 9237 X 6928. If you can't figure out how to get this (non standard size), just click the "Restart and Leagues" tab from the options window then check the "Use F1 conditions" box. If you don't want to run the leagues, simply uncheck it again and the size setting will stay the same.

:angry:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 04:26:05 PM »
:banghead: