Author Topic: Slim Evo the Finale  (Read 5528 times)

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »
So I have run down the best possible flow for a working mind sort of. It uses two itself, and one other species that is harmless or can be harvested from or to. The idea is to craete a left and right side, the left takes all information from eyes in both bots using the tin/out sysvars. The right handles the hard thought routines. In order for the two to act in harmony in thought function (meaning they were thinking relevant thoughts, or focusing on a bot that could be a threat or food), I had to create a virtual ram (random access memory) and a bus switch. Its simple really (as any mutation allows it to continue to function), use a random number or a timer that resets every so many times using a mod; then compare it with another using the binary functions (or bitwise), use inverse of and for high switches, meaning the bot acts when 1 is not returned, or inverse of or for low switches. I believe I have explained how this works in earlier posts with a switch. The Bus Switch was a new idea, but it works mroe like a processor. You have the 10 out/in for ties, so you 10^10 possibilities for an outcome using all in one switch, so I broke them into groups of 3 and another one called the overwrite command (prevents reseting values). So the entire memory of both the left and right are store in the right, but is only useful to whatever the left wants to do. If it gets hungry, the right tries to remember where they last saw food, or a predator to determine if its worth going there, and as each attempt is returned 0, a value is stored to overright the attempt only when the process should deem it so. In order to proper cycle for the right, I had to create a reset point in the begining, and end with an overwrite to avoid a double reset. The next part was to create a set of values for each side to allow for storage of information, and quick access for both. I think I can post some of its genes by tommorrow at best.

But then point mutations came into mind, and the idea of a bot with ADD became relavent. If the bot recycled its memory twice in a row, both sides would lose the harmony of thought, and one side would become slowed down. Not sure what the best way to put in a mechanism to prevent this, but I'm thinking it will be another addition to the bus-switch using an info shot and tval comparison.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »
I know a few brilliant people.  Some precentage of them I have a real problem communicating with.  Perhaps their brains work at such a level that when they say things, they skip all the things that they think should be obvious to anyone else of the same caliper, but generally what I hear when I listen to them is non-random noise.  I know there is information there, I suspect that there are nuggets of brillance embedded there-in, but I'm just not smart enough to tease them out or understand what they are saying....
Many beers....

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:49:10 PM »
Um.... Ok

It will be a conditionless bot with four basic compenents in each side, a reset/intialize, memory, switch, reset. The idea is to craete a flow shceme to go from any part of the dna and skip to another part that needs to be done, so taht in several cycles a bot can complete a thought. Imagine each cycle you form a single thought, an image if you will. In the next cycle you could form the next possible image, or even a continuance to the original thought, such as two letters forming a word. THis is sort of the fundamentals for how the human mind thinks in logical context, and eventually it will include emotion, which yet has to be understood in DB terms. The Bus Switch of 3rd part is important for two reasons, there are only 20 out/in commands possible and there are over 1000 sysvars for memory. Each piece of information has to be linked to another to allow for quick access. The reset cycle at the begining and end makes sure that the bot writes new information down for that cycle, or the next. Two resets are important to make sure that at anytime it can go from switch/memory to reset in one cycle.

The room for mutations could produce a bot with endless capabilities, just as long as the left and right conspec safety mechanism works, otherwise you've got two halves of a brain drifting with no real use.

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »
1st Installment; the puppet.

THe idea of controlling limbs is one that Im sure everyone wants greatly, so it might be best for a specialized species that is non-violent, and contains the genes to be a good armor. It craetes shell for defense, shares the shell, keeps in family clusters and reproduces with other clusters sexually, and is meant to keep moving from agressive enemies. The next installment will be the left, for interpreting short term communications between the clusters, since structure can be random, the information passage will have to start out random until evolution causes a good result.

'The dual-action plant

cond
*.robage 1 =
start
*51 1 add 51 store
*51 .tie store
stop

cond
*.refnrg 4500 >
*40 3 <
start
70 .repro store
*40 inc
stop

cond
*.robage 20 =
*.numtie 0 >
start
*51 .readtie store
40 .stifftie store
50 .setlen store
*.trefaim -1 mult .tieang store
1 52 store
stop

cond
*.numties 0 >
*.eyef 20 >
start
*.maxvel -1 mult .vel store
stop

cond
*.rdboy 0 *.numties add =
start
.setboy inc
stop

cond
1 *52 =
start
50 .sharenrg store
50 .sharewaste store
stop

cond
*40 2 >
*.numties 0 >
*.eyef 0 !=
start
*51 .readtie store
*.tieang .setaim store
-50 .sexrepro store
-8 .shoot store
stop

cond
*303 1 =
start
30 .sexrepro store
stop

cond
*.body 500 >
start
*.body 4 div .shootval store
-6 .shoot store
stop

cond
*.numties 0 !=
*.eyef 0 %=
start
*.maxvel .vel store
12 rnd .up .vel store
stop

'memory functions

cond
*.numties 0 >
start
*52 *.numties store
*52 .readtie store
stop

cond
*.nrg 10000 >
start
70 .mkshell store
50 .shareshell store
stop

cond
*52 *.readtie =
start
.vel .tmemloc store
*.vel .tmemval store
stop

cond
*52 *.numties >
start
0 52 store
stop

'end of world virus

cond
*.refeye *.myeye !=
*.numties 0 = or
*.trefeye *.myeye != or
*.mkvirus 0 =
start
*.nrg *51 mult ~ .shoot store
*.thisgene .mkvirus store
stop

cond
*.vtimer 1 =
start
2 .vshoot store
stop

A nice simple puppet plant. Unfortunately, its evolution process is quite random, so the chance of isolating good genetics out of one cell is almost impossible, since they work best with mutations.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:51:48 PM by rsucoop »

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »
Successfully tested, expect kill offs immediately, eventually a cluster will form, otherwise it self-destructs with body shots. Eventually most were single virus producing asteroids, and there were about 3 clusters from 30 of them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:12:24 PM by rsucoop »

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:31:54 PM »
OK, next memory feature to be introduced will be enemy tactics and results. The individuality memory locations will be used to keep track of bots, if they do not return or aren't seen by the colony then it is assumed that he/she is dead. Since sexual reproduction helps evolution, I'm going to introduce certain sex-dependent genes to create variations among evolutionary lines in bot size, activity and sucess. Since the new tout/in features, this will be done easily. Veggies will even be of some use for the information retreval. Dedicated touts will transmit requests and answers for a specific bot among the group, the stronger value will be used by default based on past results and possible solutions. Each stage is a solution, so I just need soe reorganizing of the entire stage system for a counter to be created to record results for the colony. Since they stick in packs while hunting the traditional outs will be used to communicate among other colonies. A new system which the new Ant Bot has done well will give coordinates of colonies and keep bots loyal to a specific colony. Expect a post of its dna by this weekend. This bot will use multiple level of multibot structure which was left out of the previous versions for time; the waiting predator will now actually spin around a fixed point and the spinner will send food to the fixed bot for energy harvest. The war stage will no longer untie everyone, and will a chain connected to the harvest of food to commit mroe energy reserves to battle; also scouts will be used to get other colonies to fight with them unless that colony is already fighting. The tie system is going to be completely redone for the new out/ins in ties, and tmem manipulation will be reserved for veggies and non-conspecs only, hence the rightside master. The left can be used for developing an arm or limb, and the next version will handle multibot memory, a timer will be used to guess how many bots are in the colony, based on the time it takes two bots to transfer information through the tie outs/ins. Since hunters are not necessarly the best, a new class system will be developed for two purposes, one for production and harvest, and one completely built to destroy any opponent. Hope you guys will enjoy it.

Offline Gambit

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »
Quote from: rsucoop
reproduces with other clusters sexually

howd ya do that? viruses to transfer genes?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:13:32 AM by Gambit »

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »
Quote from: Gambit
Quote from: rsucoop
reproduces with other clusters sexually

howd ya do that? viruses to transfer genes?

When the two bots see eachother, they must be in a certain stage to sexually reprodcue. So being the swarm is a requirement for the sexual reproduction.

Also not sure the next version will be conditionless, might be half and half.

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »
Ok, the latest version of Slim Evo is somewhat better than Slim Evo 3, but its not so good after they reproduce, the 3rd one still rapes bots...

I've tested it against the spinner, both without mutations and so far they've been equally matched for fights. Enjoy

cond
*.in4 *.out4 !=
start

is now used for conspec purposes, if they are equal it will kill the duplicate. Had to change it for spinners camo.

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »
Ok, the latest version was done as an answer to both the Spinner conspecs, and the Ant bot theory. There is no real leader, its based on age and kills, older ones take on roles as guardians to the swarm, and younger ones are active warriors, the  roles are in constant flux as members die and fail.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »
Ha ha very clever, so simple and so effective
Gonna try it out asap.

Also sexual reproduction is done by firing a -8 shot (Sperm) into another bot and have that use sexrepro within 10 cycles of getting hit.
You can also rape bots by forcing them to reproduce using an info shot or venom.
You can read details on the sysvar wiki page.

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slim Evo the Finale
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 04:10:01 PM »
The rebuild of Slim Evo has begun, and I've already run up most of the free Sysvars. However many will be delighted to know that it will include several new behaviors.

1st is an increased use of its brain and memory; currently multibots are stupid, often comparing similar things for different results, 50 sysvars now take of that. Communications are now encodable for translation purposes, with Sysvars allocated for a unversal conspec system. A new scheme for pecking order has been established using the ratial memory locations. Expect something within a few weeks, lost of crap to store now. I'm pushing for a self-automated storage and recall system, using the memval and memloc stores. Currently it uses about 100 sysvars for learning behaviors, currently it can learn a behavior that lasts up to 14 cycles as an individual, once in tie mode that number multiplies per bot since the coms through ties has been worked to stream information rather than rapidly switching from info to tie feeding, a scheme for food has been worked out so all thought happens on the inside of the swarm. Also swarm has been reconstructed using trig to produce more circular structures, most likely will include a mod for a 4d effect.