Author Topic: Runtime Error when using many teleports RESOLVED 2.43.1i  (Read 3195 times)

Offline The_Duck

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Runtime Error when using many teleports RESOLVED 2.43.1i
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:46:49 AM »
I'm trying to create a varied environment to encourage speciation by connecting four sims together on one computer, each with different settings. However, this error is preventing me from realizing this. I have them set up in a linear chain. This requires four teleporters in each sim (at least for the middle sims; the endpoints only require two). A majority of the time when I go to Edit->General Settings I get

"Runtime Error
Invalid property value."

and DB exits. I assume it's to do with the teleports because I haven't seen this error before.

I should note that I got the teleporters up and working properly, and all four sims running simultaneously. But when I went to edit the settings of any sim that DB instance crashed with the above error.

I'd post a sim but I don't think that would help because there's too much specific to my file system. To reproduce just create two sims and connect them with an inbound and outbound teleport each. If that doesn't cause a crash connect one of the sims to a third in the same way.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:19:44 PM by EricL »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »
If you could post a sim, that would be good.  The issue has to do with loading up the values into the settings dialog so I should be able to get it to crash without completely duplicating your setup...  thanks.
Many beers....

Offline The_Duck

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:49:47 PM »
Here's a sim with four teleports and no bots that reports an error when you try to change the settings or close the sim.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »
Okay, got it.  The bug has nothing to do with teleporters.   It's due to the long auto-sim save interval you have specified (1000 minutes).  The settings dialog initialization code doesn't like values this high for the control.  I've added code to both allow values this large and to prevent saving of values that would blow the reload for both auto sim save and auto best bot save.

If you want to run prior to the fix coming out, specify an autosave interval of 120 minutes or less.

Fixed in 2.42.1i
Many beers....

Offline The_Duck

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:23:18 PM »
Cool, thanks!