Author Topic: Subscript out of.... (Again) OPEN  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Subscript out of.... (Again) OPEN
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:01:33 AM »
So I'm running lovebot again, against Callidus, while making it's way through the F1 league... not sure if sexrepro caused it, wasn't realy during the orgy, but I'm not sure it was completely done reproducing with everyone. I would still suspect it's caused by sexrepro though, still took a long time for it to happen though, so the error is far from frequent.
Not sure if it's related, but the error came just as I was pushing the autowin button.
Also it seems like autowin awards 2 wins and not just one. Not sure if it always does, but I've definately seen it happen fairly often.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:51:12 PM by EricL »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »
Been running this as a normal sim for awhile now without incident.  I suspect the bug is with the league autowin.  Could you attach the bot DNA files so I can debug things as a league match?  Thanks.
Many beers....

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:31:50 PM »
I can't get it to happen again  Guess it's pretty rare.
Also if it's related to sexrepro it'll only happen while there are unassimilated bots left in the simulation. Even when restarting the sim the orgy only last a short while and after that it takes a while for asimilated bots to die out. So it could take a long time to encounter it. Managed to run all of F1 against the new version of lovebot without any errors. Haven't seen the error since that one time, had a crash once but not sure it was the same bug. Both the old and new version of lovebot are in the starting gate. I guess I could add a textfile with it... but thinking I'll just do that whith the next version, got a nice eye setting for spinning I want to put in there. (The one used in the testbot from the other bug report about invisible bots, I added the bot because it finds food realy fast so it's easy to see when an alge suddenly become visible and gets eaten, but the bug should occur with any kind of bot, it usualy happens with alge)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:46:24 PM »
It saves me time and effort if people could just attach the bot DNA files to the bug.  That way I know what version of the bot caused the bug and I have more time to spend actually debugging instead of hunting up bot files...
Many beers....