Author Topic: The F1 League lives again!  (Read 45943 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The F1 League lives again!
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »
If you're getting impatient that a match has been running "forever", ask yourself if your definition of "forever" is 20 minutes or 5 days.  If it's 20 minutes, then you're just being impatient.  Go watch TV or play GTA or something.  If it's been 5 days, then I'm open for discussion

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
I've stopped watching matches, I disable the display and leave it there. That way I don't get impatient, because I won't know how long it's been doing a bot.
It's quite interesting how the league has changed. I'll post up the positions for the old bots once I get them done, then I'll do the new ones.

I saved the league file yesterday with 20 bots done, and I'm hoping that today I will get the other 10 done, then I can start on the new bots  

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2008, 03:54:20 PM »
Yay, exams are over! I have already completed one bot so far; Martian Tank 3. Final score was 61, which is pretty decent.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »
Quote from: bacillus
Yay, exams are over! I have already completed one bot so far; Martian Tank 3. Final score was 61, which is pretty decent.
Holidays are already over, has there been done anything or where you just enjoying the holidays

Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2008, 01:00:53 AM »
Actually, I just came back from Germany. In this time, I wsa sorting out useless documents and accidentally deleted the progress spreadsheet. I just started getting back into DB, but I'm thinking I'll take all the bots I documented here so far (see, wasting lots of posts does have a purpose   ), then do the rest by challenge. Any complaints to this method?
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2008, 05:59:10 AM »
Quote from: bacillus
Actually, I just came back from Germany. In this time, I wsa sorting out useless documents and accidentally deleted the progress spreadsheet. I just started getting back into DB, but I'm thinking I'll take all the bots I documented here so far (see, wasting lots of posts does have a purpose   ), then do the rest by challenge. Any complaints to this method?
Deutschland das Land von bier und wurst.
So the whole spreatsheet is lost, that doesn't sound well. I dump most old documents just insite an old document folder, I am to lazy to look. I don't look into it until I need something
 What are the standings now anyway. What is the ranking if you take the bots you posted here.
I gues you have already taken the strongest bots, I would like to see the results. I wonder how much it would differ from normal rankings. Atleast etch will win them both, damn etch.

But you where only running F1 right.

I red somewhere commander keen was running F2, how is that coming.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »
1-Etch MK II
2-Excalibur
3-Cadillus
4-Blue on Blue
5-Bubbles
6-Martian Tank 3
7-Proeliator Glyphus
8-Animal Supremus
9-Animal Minimaxis 3
10-Destinatus Preliator/Dominator Invincibalis
12-Carnatus Orbis/Duplo Simpleboticus
14-Oculus Infinitus
15-Guardian 0.9
16-James 4
17-HDV 4
18-Anon Terifica 2
19-Kyushu
20-Assimilator

As you can tell, the heavyweights are yet to come.
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:14 PM »
The current league standings for each bot in the F1 league folder and a few more can now be found in the Bot Tavern. I downloaded each non-veggie bot in the bestiary up to my two-headed worm, and will be running them soon.
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
Alright, now I just need to integrate CK's F2 results (still coming), then find some bots sulking in other bestiaries, and the F1 league should be done!
- Carl Sagan

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2008, 06:08:06 AM »
Sorry about all the delays, bought a new PC. Biggest mistake ever, since installing xp took an age, but It's running nicely now. I suppose I should really update my db install. Hopefully league running is less flaky than it was...

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2008, 09:42:54 AM »
Quote from: Commander Keen
Sorry about all the delays, bought a new PC. Biggest mistake ever, since installing xp took an age, but It's running nicely now. I suppose I should really update my db install. Hopefully league running is less flaky than it was...
There wheren't any updates in the summer, where there? So running the league hasn't inproved.

Why is buying a new pc a mistake? Any extra computer is good.

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2008, 08:54:52 PM »
There's version L, the most recent version I have in my backups was version k. So now I've downloaded that, I'll go redownload all the bots again, and then I'll run db and hope version L is more reliable than version k. What did you find was better when you ran the league Bacillus?

Well, ok, it wasn't much of a mistake, here's the details:
(Sorry about the terrible formatting!)
Code: [Select]
Old Laptop              New PC
Faulty Nec Versa E660($200)  Secondhand Custom Built($900)
2.2Ghz P4M                 Athlon X64 4400+ (Dual core 2.2Ghz)
768mb ram                 2gb ram
120GB hdd                320gb sata hdd
DVD reader                DVD writer
floppy drive                 floppy drive (surprisingly)
ATI 340m(128mb)              ATI X800GTO2 (256mb)
Builtin LCD 1024x768         19" Widescreen LCD 1440x900
XP Home SP1               XP Pro SP2
100W Power usage        500W power supply
Both have dual monitor support (not that useful, but can be handy)
My Laptop has a motherboard fault that causes it to randomly freeze/reboot.

Probably could have got better for $900, but I bought it off a guy I know, and it does have quite the array of neon lights and fancy fan controls

And yes, I was running the league on my laptop before I got this pc. So now I have a decent PC that doesn't crash every 15 minutes, I should be able to run the league pretty fast.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:58:20 PM by Commander Keen »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »
Nice. I did use k for the league, if you want to be consistent.
 I always use dual-screen, mainly because my main screen is so much bigger , but also because you can keep an eye on league contests, for example, while doing (or pretending you're doing   ) something else.
- Carl Sagan

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2008, 03:11:30 AM »
Blasted through quite a lot of the bots, my new PC is faster than I thought. Goes to show AMD make better CPUs I suppose.

L seems to be more reliable, with dual core I can run both concurrently, but k got a bit stuck, while L kept going