Author Topic: Morphological costs applied before the bot can move!  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Morphological costs applied before the bot can move!
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
I was trying to start a sim with zerobots here and discovered that costs for movement are applied if they are set in the costs tab, despite that the bot has no genes for movement!
I also found that the minimum value I could have for veggies per kilobody point set to not immedeately kill the bot is no less than 12. My morphological costs were set to 0.8 for movement and spinning. Once I set the morphological costs to 0 the bot wasn't charged any energy. But it shouldn't get charged for something it can't use!

Here's the sim:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:14:46 PM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:12:33 PM »
Did some more testing. Discovered that it's rotation only that causes the energy loss. I remembered you mensioned something about rotation, if it were to be disabled or if it wasn't working correctly, but forgot in what topic.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
Quote from: Testlund
Did some more testing. Discovered that it's rotation only that causes the energy loss. I remembered you mensioned something about rotation, if it were to be disabled or if it wasn't working correctly, but forgot in what topic.
Yea, the fix I did for this has a problem.  Will fix shortly.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:00:35 PM »
Nice! And therefor I was wrong about the minimum for kilobody point being 12. I can have it at 1 now.