Author Topic: Schizofrenic Robots????  (Read 3501 times)

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Schizofrenic Robots????
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »
Schizofrenia is merely a split mind, aka two voices of the mind only on different levels and at higher magnitudes than what is considered 'normal'. Every bot I've seen that was succesful contained many different genes with various activators. One thing I haven't seen is a bot that had all of its gene active at once, with two different goals, yet still functioned properly. One idea which comes to mind would be using comparison operators, but then you soon see that the conditions are not always true. BY creating such a bot, a new breed of bots would be born, the always-activated-dual-minded-bots.

Any ideas?

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Schizofrenic Robots????
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
I think you mean Multiple Personality Disorder.  Schizofrenia is different (thanks to hollywood, its a common and incorrect misconception that it is the same thing).  

The new in-gene conditional paradym largly eliminates the historical significance of traditional genes and most bots coded this way will have subportions of genes which fire sometimes and not others.  There are also lots of hand coded bots (like Lionfish) which use a state diagram to execute different behavior under different conditions.
Many beers....