Author Topic: Viral shots OPEN (NEED REPRO)  (Read 2680 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Viral shots OPEN (NEED REPRO)
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
I see viral shots flying straight through bots. Is this by design or is it a bug.  I don't see this happening with energy shots, but those usually have shorter range so it might be difficult to catch one go through a bot without disappearing. They certainly don't get "absorbed" at the edge of a bot, they go some way into a bot's body and then disappear.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 01:49:35 PM by EricL »
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
Are the bots slimy?  Slime can prevent viral shot impact, . causing the shot to continue through the bot...
Many beers....

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 01:48:59 AM »
No, but they have a shell.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
Shell should not impat shots.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I will need a sim to track this down.  From an inspection of the code, I can't see a case where this would happen.

What you might be seeing is a display bug I thought I fixed a long time ago where a fast moving shot travels far into the bot in the cycle.  I.e. if your zoomed in a ways and a fast moving shot begins the cycle just outside a small bot, it will travel a ways into that bot in that cycle and get displayed a ways inside or even on the other side of the bot.  The hit should be detected back at the edge and that is where the impact dot should be displayed and the shot shoudl disappear the next cycle, but it may look like the shot travels through the bot in some cases.
Many beers....