Author Topic: veggy feeding should nrg -> body at 32000?  (Read 3398 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
veggy feeding should nrg -> body at 32000?
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:49:58 PM »
Should sun nrg go to body if a veggy has 32000 nrg?

Should a veggy die when it's nrg and body both hit 32000?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:50:36 PM by EricL »
Many beers....

Offline JossiRossi

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:35:30 PM »
Quote from: EricL
Should sun nrg go to body if a veggy has 32000 nrg?
I don't know if this should be something done automatically, but having a system where the dna can shift body to nrg, or nrg to body would be pretty nice. That could already exist though.

Should a veggy die when it's nrg and body both hit 32000?
I think ultimately they should, because anything that gets THAT bloated would have serious difficulty functioning. That and if you are limiting the NRG of the sim, you could have say 100 normal veggies or 10 uber bloated veggies and this could help prevent such issues.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 11:22:16 AM by JossiRossi »

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 08:19:24 AM »
Yah, there's a big chance that if they hit that upper limit they are basically immortal. And immortal bots aren't good when there are virus floating around and so.
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose...

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »
What we need is a more comprehensive modification of the whole energy system, which would make such questions irrelevant. At present time, as a temporary patch, these could be implemented. Another way to patch  it is to force such veggie to divide.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
I'm not really a fan of either idea.  Nrg given to veggies has a slider in the options tab that shows how much to put in to nrg, and how much to put in to body.  I think that should be adequate for any purposes.

And generally you shouldn't automatically punish (ie: kill) bots that are too successful.  It's just not right!

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »
Why should a veggie die when body and nrg are 32000, aren't there other ways, veggies that big are often pretty old and a simple age-cost could drain their nrg slowly, oh wait they have to be in many cases very old to get killed by it.
But okay, why, I haven't got many veggies that don't defend themself get that big, is it really needed.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »
I don't know about algea in the real world, but I don't think they explode by living under constant sun shine, they'll just reproduce more, so I don't think DB bots should either.
Maybe you could make it so energy intake is limited to bot size instead, so a tiny bot can't reach 32000 nrg. I've seen tiny bots with so much energy they can take hits forever without dying, which is a bit unrealistic.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.