Author Topic: .shotspeed  (Read 2601 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
.shotspeed
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:28:13 PM »
Kind of think shot speed should be under the control of the bot.  I'm all set up in the code to do this.  Would probably make the cost polynomial like .shootval.

Thoughts?
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
.shotspeed
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:35:55 AM »
Your doing swept-volume tests, right?  It shouldn't be a problem as long as you can make sure that shots moving fast won't pass through a shape or bot.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
.shotspeed
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:28:22 AM »
Quote from: EricL
Kind of think shot speed should be under the control of the bot.  I'm all set up in the code to do this.  Would probably make the cost polynomial like .shootval.

Thoughts?

Could you make shots released from corpses just drift randomly instead of a straight line, moving with the same speed set for shapes? ..IF it doesn't affect performance a lot.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
.shotspeed
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:50:56 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Your doing swept-volume tests, right?  It shouldn't be a problem as long as you can make sure that shots moving fast won't pass through a shape or bot.
Yes, exactly.  The current algorithm is all set for very fast shots, even laser beams if we want.  It already has the code for figuring out which hit to use when a shot passes through multiple objects in a single cycle.

Quote from: Testlund
Could you make shots released from corpses just drift randomly instead of a straight line, moving with the same speed set for shapes? ..IF it doesn't affect performance a lot.
I can make shtos from corpses do anything we want them to do.
Many beers....