Author Topic: Can't click on bots when internet teleporter enabled! RESOLVED 2.43s  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
That will cause the teleporter to appear over the bot and cause them to jump around, or I might be forced to move them both, sometimes dragging a long a shape too.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:37:54 PM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't click on bots when internet teleporter enabled! RESOLVED 2.43s
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »
I've noticed a certain amount of stickiness with selecting bots.  Try right clicking on the empty blue background.  That should reset the bot selection.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't click on bots when internet teleporter enabled! RESOLVED 2.43s
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »
Since VB is single threaded, I can only catch mouse events when I yield.  There are a few places in the code, such as waiting on network responses, where I need to add more responsivness to the program.  This will help the stickiness and responsiveness feel.  But that said, mouse click detection is problematic with so many overlapping objects whose actual size can differ from what you see (due to different display aspect ratios).  I will make a few changes here adn there to help, such as disabling click detection on the internet mode teleporter (since unlike normal teleporters, we don't want people changing the IM teleporter's properties) but I'm afraid things will always feel a bit staggered until I get some threads....
Many beers....