Author Topic: Bringing back .sexrepro  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 02:31:45 PM »
Inserting viruses at any point sounds comfortable for me, but I am worried how current antivirus genes are affected by this?

Oh and thx for your efforts .
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:32:58 PM by Welwordion »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 03:04:17 PM »
Quote from: Welwordion
Inserting viruses at any point sounds comfortable for me, but I am worried how current antivirus genes are affected by this?

Oh and thx for your efforts .
Well, atleast they where supposed to do, they did in earlier versions, else antiviris is somewhat easy to make, if more then number of genes, delete last gene. I know light made a antivirus bot to delete virus if they came anywhere in the genome, it is named furiae.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 03:34:27 PM »
Right, back in the day when this was working properly, anti virus was very difficult because you had to check every gene in the genome to see if it was the virus in order to delete it.  I would push it a step further and have viruses get inserted anywhere in the genome, including in junk areas and inside other genes.  Opens up some other problems, though.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 01:45:22 PM »
More on viruses:

virus_start blablabla virus_end 50

the 50 means the percentage of were aproximatly in the targets code the virus in inserted.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 02:20:52 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 01:55:22 PM »
Most of this stuff has been rewised so I might as well start a new post. I however have some qustions before I continue...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:44:18 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 04:16:55 PM »
Sorry Botsareus but you neither explained what co-mutate means norwhat the actual differences between gender are, you are only properly explaining memory commands which I do not even know why they should be necessary(remember the more commands the more the variet of nonsensical mutations) and what happens to virus but I have no idea what actually happens in your sexrepo concept.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
Simply put it's overly complicated.  It lacks both the elegance of real life and simplicity for humans to understand.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Simply put it's overly complicated.  It lacks both the elegance of real life and simplicity for humans to understand.
Well, if it is too hard for humans to understand, How could botsa then think of something like this.

I gets me thinking, anyone checked if bots is really human
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »
lol,,

don't worry people I will explain everything in time.

For now let me tell you that the this_command_is_too_long_bs will be greatly simplifyed. This commands can be inserted with a human, but they are generated when two robots reproduce sexualy, a human can make a mistake in the data structure so it is sugested that a human does not mess with them.

By co-mutate I mean two or more dnas simplify into one:

ex:

50 .up 5 .aimdx

20 .up 5 .aimsx

co-mutations A trough C:

A:
50 .up  5 .aimsx 5 .aimdx

20 .up 5 .aimsx

B:

50 .up 5 .aimsx

C:

50 .up 5 .aimsx 5 .aimdx

resolting single dna:
50 .up 5 .aimsx 5.aimdx

All mutations of the robots (until the dna is reset into one) must simplify together the two or more dnas.
It works by taking each "word" like "50" or ".aimdx" and seeing were in the other dna file it accures , if it does not accure at all the calculation for it is 100% if in the other dna it accures in the same location it is 0%. all presentages from all dna compared is added up and devided by the number of "words". The idea is that the presentage goes down each time the robot mutates.
I will give you another mutation example later with my first robot example. The whole thing is like 6 or 7 sheets; I thinked long and hard about my system. It may seem too complex but you guys will understand why it is... Hopefully I will have a chance to show you the whole thing in a couple of weeks or after the holidays...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:00:39 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »
Would it be possible for the genes themselves to be self mobile if they want to be?

ie.

cond
*.thisgene 5 !=
start
5 .movegene store
stop

This way viruses could still be inserted randomly, then move themselves around to where they're best at, assuming they have the additional code for it. Likewise bots could use this to allow rearrangement of existing genetic material or even couple it with delgene to allow a virus to insert and replace the existing gene.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 01:47:10 PM »
That does not solve the problem: I can easly change my % number on where in the opponents dna it is to be inserted to work as a gene number. I will  however make sure a virus is inserted as its own gene, not part of a gene.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:47:44 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
I am procrastinating the posting as much as possible because I might be home in about 5 weeks, then I can get some more room to work: Like typeing everything into a notepad file and posting it in one shot.
For now let me tell you the new commands , I will explain them later...

r_m 'restore memory
sex_cromazone
male_sex_repro_start
female_sex_repro_start
sex_repro_start
sex_repro_end
d_s 'dna start
d_e 'dna end
p_m 'prerseve memory
a_c_s 'action command start
a_c_e 'action command end
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:42:43 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bringing back .sexrepro
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 02:18:44 PM »
Other than the issues I have with using a crossover command  (I think the whole methodology is overly complicated and can be done in a far more robust manner without using any new commands

I can imagine what Numsgil thinks of my system, I might as well quit without posting it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:19:43 PM by Botsareus »