Author Topic: VirsionB Plasment control details  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
VirsionB Plasment control details
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »
The new options or Variables are Labeled 6 to 28.
1. True or False veg
2. placment x-min
3. placment x-max
4. placment y-min
5. placment y-max
6. use e-grid If there is an e-grid under the robot the robot uses it.
7. Only if 6 is true: smoke feeder (True, or False) Robots using smoke feeding must share the e-grid with black smokers.  Either smoke feeder or veg can be selected.
8. True or False placment is circular
9. (only if veg. is selected) True or False veg respown placment is restricted within the bounderys (Blocked)
9. True or False manual borders
If 9 is true Then
10. True or False x-loopable (If robotx = min Then robotx = max; If robotx = max Then robotx = min)
11. True or False y-loopable
12. border x-min
13. border x-max
14. border y-min
15. border y-max
16. True or False border is circular
End If
17. True or False resticted placment area exisists(r.p.a.)
If 17 is true Then
18. r.p.a. x-min
19. r.p.a. x-max
20. r.p.a. y-min
21. r.p.a. y-max
22. True or False  r.p.a. is circular
Ed If
23. True or False resticted border area exisists(r.b.a.)
If 23 is true Then
24. r.b.a. x-min
25. r.b.a. x-max
26. r.b.a. y-min
27. r.b.a. y-max
28. True or False  r.b.a. is circular
End If
---
Summary:
The reason I need so much variables is to have placment and borders virtualy in any shape. Also: any inserted robot will follow the settings of the lest highlighted(selected) robot, this robot will be automaticaly edit to the startup robots list. There will be no "change" in my settings options.
---
The e-grid is optional for each species, that means there can be species using the e-grid overlapping species that don't use the e-grid, in this case standard attack methods apply.
---
If two e-grids are touching or overlapping thouse e-grids become shared. the distiance for an overlap is the diagonal of an e-grid square.
---
Also black smokers can be inserted just like plants. The e-grid is automaticaly generated under a black smoker.
A Black smoker location must be shared with an e-grid of a species. (To prevent meaningless build up of smoke)
And there is also "blank" e-grids to patch e-grids together.
---
Importent:
1.) The positive placemant area must be within the e-grid for the robots to use it.
2.) If there is an end of border were two e-grids meet then the e-grid is still shared but the robots respect the border limits.
3.) If there is an end of e-grid border were the robot exists the robot stops using the e-grid.
4.) The e-gird does not have r.p.a. and placment, it only has the border code.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:49:20 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
VirsionB Plasment control details
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
I will add the e-grid commands only if the virsion when I get out will support it.

(I still hoave to work out the ristrictions like placement overlapping the r.b.a or somthing.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:50:22 PM by Botsareus »