Author Topic: Multi-bot trouble  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« on: September 20, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »
I have got a sim with a alga minimalis and 2 multi(not a name jet, it isn't doing anything special jet)
The left one(yes, only the left one) is doing strange in 2.43 and 2.43i  I haven't tested on a other version. In 2.43i it is just duplicating and duplicating, and in 2.43 it is doing the second time(first time normal) that you start the sim desame but then with ties, looks jumpy.

Why it the bot doing this.  

Sim and bot attached. User seed 453332.

I am not sure but what are the commands for hardening a tie, I am using this three tiecommands, .tieang .fixang .stifftie. Is one of them hardening a tie.

Can you see somehow of a tie is hardened?, color chance or so. At least I can't see a color difference or anything special that shows if something is a hardened tie.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
Ties harden automatically after about 100 cycles.  With the current physics, tie hardening might not mean as much as it used to.  Ties are basically just springs, and making the tie "harder" by making it more "springy" has some severe stability issues.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
20 cycles actually.  After 20 cycles, the tie will harden (though as Num's says, what this means is that it just gets a stronger spring action) and the angle of the tie on the bot that created it will fix.  It is not until a bot is a multibot and a tie has hardened that .tielen, .fixang and .stifftie will work.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:44:50 PM by EricL »
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:22:42 PM »
Quote from: EricL
20 cycles actually.

Are you sure?  I vaguely remember that we might have changed this at some point down to 20, now that I think about it.  Shows what not looking at the code for a few years can do

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:00:54 PM »
That is what the code says.  Birth ties last 100 cycles if not deleted and never harden.  All other ties harden 20 cycles after creation.
Many beers....

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 03:37:20 AM »
Quote from: EricL
20 cycles actually.  After 20 cycles, the tie will harden (though as Num's says, what this means is that it just gets a stronger spring action) and the angle of the tie on the bot that created it will fix.  It is not until a bot is a multibot and a tie has hardened that .tielen, .fixang and .stifftie will work.
The bot is using tielen., fixang ,.stiffie, so the tie is hardened. Sorry, I wasn't just completely sure of it.

Well, thanks, but the the real question was this one. And remember there are two bots one of them is acting strange. The other one isn't, the other one has become a multibot and is acting normal for it's code(doing just nothing, only if it sees alga it does something)

I have got a sim with a alga minimalis and 2 multi(not a name jet, it isn't doing anything special jet)
The left one(yes, only the left one) is doing strange in 2.43 and 2.43i I haven't tested on a other version. In 2.43i it is just duplicating and duplicating, and in 2.43 it is doing the second time(first time normal) that you start the sim desame but then with ties, looks jumpy.

Why it the bot doing this.  

Sim and bot attached. User seed 453332

Sim and bot atteched in first post.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »
Eh, a little question what's this, I see this when I look at the the DNA of 'the multibot' when I run it into the league

~ *.eye5 VOID floor & |

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Multi-bot trouble
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 12:05:43 AM »
VOID usually indicates an error round tripping some DNA command.  It's probably a bug.