Author Topic: My apologies  (Read 3714 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My apologies
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:40:52 PM »
to anyone who's ideas were criticized in my posts.  I am a scientist and in scientific community criticizm is something people want to hear.  If someone took the time to listen to your ideas, think about them and formulate coherent criticism, then that person made the best possible compliment to you - he actually considered that your work is important enough to spend his time on.

Sometimes I forget about this peculiarity of my life and take it for granted.  And then something reminds me that for most other people criticism is something to avoid and they feel offended when criticized.

So, I apologise to anyone who feels offended by my criticism of their ideas. :)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My apologies
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 04:13:31 PM »
Shvartz, No need to apologies, actualy its I that needs to apologies! (I apologies!)

But,

" formulate coherent criticism"

Somthing like

there is somthing missing here....

is not coherent at all.

P.S.

For example, when I don’t like an idea I become "local.... super active guy" LOL
Most definitely you don’t need to do that because you have your own style of explaining yourself (but that gives you an idea what I am talking about)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 04:13:58 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My apologies
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 04:18:40 PM »
:) There is nothing wrong with me being criticized. ( I actualy like solid criticizem) :)

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My apologies
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 07:27:58 PM »
Sometimes I forget about this peculiarity of my life and take it for granted. And then something reminds me that for most other people criticism is something to avoid and they feel offended when criticized.

I'm with you on this Shvarz.

I often get to write critiques on scientific papers in my field too. Just as others do the same for mine. I often review papers on ICPMS applications and laser ablation techniques prior to their publication by other scientists so I know full well that no idea is complete until everybody has a chance to pick holes in it. When all the dross is gone, what is left is often the best possible solution to the problem.

:D  PY  :D
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My apologies
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 02:16:30 AM »
That's my philosophy too, although I haven't gotten a chance to really excercise it except in DB ideas.