Author Topic: Possible bug?  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Rent-2-Pwn

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Possible bug?
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:51:12 AM »
It started when I enabled toroidal and about 1/4 of the right side of the screen was kinda cut off. I could still drag over to it but it bothered me that I couldn't see the entire field.

I saved the sim and restarted darwinbots. Upon loading the saved sim none of the bots were moving. When I had saved it many were spinning, three were joined with ties, and one was firing random ties while spinning.

This happens with both the manual save and the autosave.

What happened?

Attached is the sim at the point I saved it and the last autosave.

EDIT: Something else, when I click on one that it can see another bot that area turns yellow like normal, but when I move the bot away it stays like that even though nothings there.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:56:01 AM by Rent-2-Pwn »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Possible bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »
The save and load routines are something of a hack, so it's entirely possibly they're screwy.  If I don't post back in a few days, remind me again.  I need to get some time to sit down and fire up the code.  Are all your autosaves the same way?

It's especially difficult to figure out with a zerobot sim because their genomes are supposed to be, well, random, so it's hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong if anything.

What probably happened to your display, BTW, is something of an elusive graphics bug.  You can fix it by locking/unlocking your display area (the little lock icon in the toolbar) and zooming in and out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:13:57 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Rent-2-Pwn

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Possible bug?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:20:08 PM »
I believe they all are, I only tried 99 and 97.

It's kinda sad really, they were so happy, frolicking around and reproducing and such.

Now they're just zombies. I think some are starting to reproduce again though.