Author Topic: Code Repositories and Fundraising  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Code Repositories and Fundraising
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:25:28 AM »
At the moment, my game plan is to stick with the current host (GoDaddy) for the webspace.  Moving everything from the databases and web space would just be too much effort for not enough gain.  Since GoDaddy doesn't offer any sort of CVS or SVN code repositories, I'm looking for an alternate place to host the repositories (that is, the C++ code, the Visual Basic code, and perhaps a future C# version).  Not that anyone's really working on any of that at the moment   The repositories make sharing code between developers very easy, which makes development easier, for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

The best solution I've managed to find so far is at www.hosted-projects.com.  They offer a 12 month account with fixed disk space (100 megs) but unlimited number of repositories for $70.  By itself I couldn't justify $70 for Darwinbots in addition to the money for renewing the namespace, webspace, etc.  So what I'm going to do is this: I will, no matter what, foot the bill for a repository account.  I will use the account for some personal projects (say, 1 or 2) in addition to Darwinbots.  Others who want to donate a little money for the coding repository would also have this right, though I only imagine this might interest Eric.  Either way, money is money.  Send me an PM and we can work out PayPal payment if you're interested in supporting the repositories.

The webspace will be up for renewal in 3 days.  There was enough money from last year to pay for this year and the next(!), though again if you would like to donate a little money to demonstrate your appreciation of the project, I'll put it aside specifically for webspace.  Again, PM me and I'll give you details if you're interested.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Code Repositories and Fundraising
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:23:30 AM »
Okay, we have a repository space.

https://svn2.hosted-projects.com/Numsgil/DarwinbotsVB/trunk/ for the Visual Basic code.  Currently I have 2.43 in there.  There are also SVNs for the C++ and theoretical C# code, though I haven't set them up yet.  I'll try to set up all the past developers with accounts to edit the SVNs in the next couple days, and update the wiki.