Author Topic: T. Mosquito v1.03 (1G)(MacadamiaNuts)-14.01.07  (Read 6179 times)

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
T. Mosquito v1.03 (1G)(MacadamiaNuts)-14.01.07
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:47:10 PM »
Code: [Select]
'My first (posted) bot. Tested with 2.42.9s.

'name: Mosquito
'class: One Gene Bot
'version: 1.03
'author: Macadamia Nuts
'description: This bot uses ties for feeding with sharenrg. A nice offspring spreading 'guarantees tieing to all nearby targets. It's also a fast reproducer and it deletes virus. It uses 'venom shots in a nasty way to force other eyed bots to store huge amounts of venom.

start
*.in1 .out1 store
*.in2 .out2 store
*.refeye *.myeye sub abs sgn *.eye5 sgn mult 973 store
80 *.nrg 3000 sub sgn 1 sub sgn 1 add .repro mult store
107 *.nrg 3000 sub sgn 1 sub sgn 1 add .aimdx mult store
5 *.vel 20 sub sgn 1 sub sgn abs .up mult store
3 .tienum store
.sharenrg .tieloc store
1 .tieval store
*.body *.nrg 20 div sub .fdbody store
*.nrg 20 div *.body sub .strbody store
1 .strvenom store
*.nrg 2000 div sgn abs .strpoison store
*.nrg 750 div abs .mkslime store
*.nrg 2000 div abs .mkshell store
.strvenom .vloc store
1000 .venval store
.eye5 .ploc store
3 .tie *973 mult store
*.thisgene 1 add .delgene store
*.thisgene 1 sub .delgene *.thisgene sgn mult store
*.waste .shootval *.waste 100 div abs sgn mult store
-6 *973 .shoot mult store
-3 *973 .shoot mult *.refeye sgn mult store
-4 .shoot *.waste 100 div abs sgn mult store
*.tiepres .deltie *.tiepres 3 sub abs sgn mult store
*.eye9 *.eye1 sub sgn 60 mult .aimdx *973 mult store
*.eye2 *.eye8 sub sgn 50 mult .aimsx *973 mult store
*.eye7 *.eye3 sub sgn 40 mult .aimdx *973 mult store
*.eye4 *.eye6 sub sgn 30 mult .aimsx *973 mult store
stop
end
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:48:34 PM by Botsareus »
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose...

Offline -venom-

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 10:59:01 PM »
nice bot !!!!!
If this were a perfect world, nobody would have let me into it.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 12:13:30 AM »
This bot uses ties both for feeding with sharenrg and to dissolve all the DNA of the target

I haven't fully checked it out, but is your bot using ties to force other bots to delgene?  I'm pretty sure the concensus a while ago was that this was unbalanced, and we removed the capability from the code.  But maybe not.  Either way, nice bot

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:37:45 AM »
Ok I'm fixing it. Anyway it moves too fast without speed restrictions. I didn't knew it was set to full for F1 challenges.

Edit: Fixed, somehow. It's going up the F1 challenge ladder now on my old machine.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:00:58 AM by MacadamiaNuts »

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
What the...  

The fixed one crushed everything I threw at it. I wonder if I did something wrong.

It seems to be inmune to its own killer venom shots. I think it is because it sets .strvenom each cycle, but I wouldn't swear it. After some cycles it creates a multibot net around the veggies, surrounded by single bots running around. Since I failed to always avoid ties to conspec, they seem to be sharing all the energy they steal. Quick bots are often killed when they move through the net, while slow bots are killed by the stray singles.

I guess there's no limit to energy transfer for .sharenrg. Maybe should.

Using venom to force a 1000 .strvenom seems a bit of an exploit, though placing a 0 .strvenom somewhere should make it inmune... I didn't test it.

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 11:44:04 AM »
Just been taking a look at it against some of the top bots, the only one it cant beat is Excalibur 1.11 and an experimental bot G 0.3 but neither are in the leagues. It would be an impressive entry if you were an experienced DB'er, but considering its your first bot and a 1G at that all I can say is wow and well done  

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 12:53:43 PM »
Sounds cool, I shall run it through the leagues shortly.

Shamelessly using your bot to exploit bits of the system that seem unbalanced is a very good way of getting these issues discussed. It may indeed mean every bot that uses the same tactics beats all the old bots or there may be a way for bots to defend themselves; leaching, chameleon, fixpos all spring to mind as tactics that swept the floor with all the other bots when they were first used.

Anyway, bugs and exploits are a traditional way of winning the league, nothing to worry about on that score!!

I've edited the title of your post slightly so it fits into the bestiary, if non mods can post in the bestiary now I'll move it there, if not I'll leave the post here for a while so it can gather comments.  

AFAIK bots are immune to their own species venom and poison, it was made that way because it caused lots of problems for the bots otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:58:01 PM by Jez »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »
About the Mosquito league bug, try deleting the comments... perhaps there's a conflict between the file name and the #name: comment.

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »
Good idea, nothing else I've tried worked. I figure it must be a code conflit seeing as it's never happened like this before.

Anyway I've found some old bots that didn't look like they'd been run through the F2 league so I'm running those atm, but will try it again after I've entered them.

In the future, (I'm learning best practice as I go along atm seeing as PY has been league mod for so many years and I'm new at this). Any new entries that have problems will be held back until the problem is solved without stacking newer entries behind them.

What suprised me most was that you hadn't run into the same problem when you ran it in the league.  
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 02:41:28 PM »
The copy I put in the league is plain code, without comments.

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 03:44:48 PM »
Thanks for that info, I'll try it as soon as the match between vector and forestfire, (round 407 atm) Is done.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
Yay! Removing the #'s solved the problem, I'll edit your post to reflect this. The result will be posted soon.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »
Mosquito reached positon 14 in the F1 league, it was beaten by Blue on blue (tested twice), I suggest changing its ID method to get further as Blue on blue is a chameleon bot and would have exploited the ID method used.
Douglas Adams