Author Topic: Setting up build environment for C++ fork  (Read 3523 times)

Offline frankle

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Setting up build environment for C++ fork
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »
OK: I installed VS 2005, vanilla. I opened the solution included in Numsgil's snapshot, and hit build. It then barfed and said it couldn't find two includes: Vectors.h and fx.h.

In some files, the path is correct, "../Common/Vectors.h" but in other files it is just "Vectors.h" so I changed them all to be correct.

I assume fx.h is foxgui? What version of foxgui are you using? I'm looking for the fox gui package on the internet, and the latest stable they have is 1.6.20. The old stable is 1.4.35.

How shall I proceed?

Offline Sprotiel

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:23:01 PM »
Quote from: frankle
OK: I installed VS 2005, vanilla. I opened the solution included in Numsgil's snapshot, and hit build. It then barfed and said it couldn't find two includes: Vectors.h and fx.h.

In some files, the path is correct, "../Common/Vectors.h" but in other files it is just "Vectors.h" so I changed them all to be correct.

I assume fx.h is foxgui? What version of foxgui are you using? I'm looking for the fox gui package on the internet, and the latest stable they have is 1.6.20. The old stable is 1.4.35.

How shall I proceed?
<fx.h> is indeed FOX, you need version 1.4 (I guess the latest stable will be fine), though 1.6 may work. You need to setup your environment so that the FOX headers are in your include path. You'll probably need to link against several libraries, FOX's site should give you an accurate list somewhere.

Warning: I haven't built Nums' source for some time (and never with VS) so the above may be incorrect or incomplete.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:30 PM »
Be sure to use the solution file with the words "openme" in the file name.  That's the one that has the source code files sorted in the solution explorer.