Author Topic: King for a day  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
King for a day
« on: December 14, 2006, 02:15:02 PM »
(Using the latest DB version);

Leagues will be re-run rather than doing whole lot from scratch to demote all bots that no longer work properly. This will allow some of the oldest bots to retain a position in the leagues while demoting the ‘novelty’ bots that relied on a bug to gain their position and unfortunately any bots that have programming that needs to be changed to keep up with the latest changes in DB.

My appologies to anyone affected but I know that’s gonna include me because I’m a practised bug exploiter! (Here’s looking at the current top bot of F1 as well)

As soon as I have finished checking the league files I posted for download as being accurate and a default cost per turn has been added in a buddy drop the leagues will be re-run and following that all the untried entries will be tested.

These include:
Devious Eraticatorus (MB)(Irishguy) 02.12.06 - the non-aggressive bot that led to the default turn cost being added
Discerpo Inscribo (F2)(Kage) – if he is happy to enter it without change
Blue on blue (F2)(Jez)-05.08.06
Bubbles (F2)(Jez)-21.08.06
Zebedee V2.1 (F2)(Jez)-26.07.06 – novelty bot so may not be entered
And any others you know were moved from ‘starting gate’ before testing.

Would like to point out for all you new peeps who haven't entered a bot before in the leagues, this is going to mean several of the bots at the bottom of the league won't be able to survive for more than a few seconds, if you have a bot you've been thinking about posting then get it posted now before the leagues are reset. New entries will be run in a last come first served fashion...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 12:32:08 AM by Jez »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
King for a day
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:00:29 PM »
erm sure I'll enter him in   ...wait, is this the one that destroys itself?   lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:03:10 PM by kage »

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
King for a day
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:33:26 AM »
v.1.0? er, only when I get the league settings wrong!  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 12:39:13 AM by Jez »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams