Author Topic: Odd vision issues  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Odd vision issues
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or just my odd bot.  I'm trying to set up a simulation with a modified Enitor Comesum that can deal with shapes.  Drag one of the enitors to a veggy and make it look at it.  (This is harder to do than it sounds, and may take a few tries).

Some of the enitors' vision grids seem to be ignoring veggies.  Specifically the enitor with ID 117 has this issue.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Odd vision issues
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:27:46 AM »
Seems to be an issue more with the vegs than with bots.  I suspect it's an issue with the shapes.  Check out the only remaining clumps of veggies that can't seem to reproduce in addition to being invisible.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Odd vision issues
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 11:03:27 AM »
Found it.  Bot's that arn't seeing anything are being struck blind by an invisible undead zombie shape!

I am almost positive you have added and then deleted some shapes in this sim, leaving the shapes array with holes of non-existing shapes.  I have a bug in the routine that checks to see if a shape blocks a bot's vision of what's on the otherside.  I fail to check if the shape exists!  Thus, your bot's vision is being blocked by shapes that once existed but no longer do.

Already fixed for the next drop.  If you want to work around for now, delete all shapes then add back the ones you want.  Deleting them individually is what makes them zombies...  
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Odd vision issues
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 04:19:17 PM »
Haha, well I'm glad to find that it's a fixable issue.  I think I did add and remove all sorts of shapes.  I was trying to figure out a good interesting playfield.