Author Topic: Ageing cost not working!  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ageing cost not working!
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:22:08 AM »
I started a new sim with version 2.42.9h and found that when the sun changes to moon my autotrophs doesn't lose any energy from the ageing cost.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Ageing cost not working!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
This is working for me.

Note that I implemented a new feature in 2.42.9h requested by several forum members.  The cost multiplier is now manually changable whether one is using dynamic costs or not.  You can see it on the Costs dialog.

If you are using dynamic costs, manually changing the cost multipler changes it that cycle and the dynaimc costs code modifies it from that new value going forward depending upon the hetertrof population relative to the thresholds as always.

If you are not using dynamic costs, manually setting the cost multipler simply multiplies all the other costs by that value each cycle.

If the cost multipler is zero (which it will be if the last sim you ran before this new one was a zerobot sim with no costs) then all costs will be multiplied by 0.  I suspect this is why your veggies are not losing nrg when the sun is down.

If you still think there is a bug here, let me know (and post a sim!).
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ageing cost not working!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:38:56 PM »
Ok, I didn't know the Cost Multiplier whould have any effect on the costs if I didn't use anything else under the Cost Overrides. Setting it to zero will apparently change ALL costs to zero. Everything's fine then.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Ageing cost not working!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
Cool.  I did just find a small display bug with displaying fractional cost multiplier values in this dialog, so that is fixed in the next drop.
Many beers....