Author Topic: Alife wiki  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Alife wiki
« on: June 24, 2006, 03:59:06 AM »
Anyone think it'd be a good idea to create a general wiki/forum/site combo focused on alife?

Maybe if there's a central location for discussion progress will be quicker and more co-ordinated than what exists now. There used to be alife.org but they seem to have closed their doors awhile ago.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 04:21:13 AM by Endy »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Alife wiki
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »
Biota.org is the closest I've found to any kind of general ALife community site.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Alife wiki
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 01:19:58 PM »
All the action with alife.org happens at the specific site associated with the most recent symposium.  They change the name for each new symposium, which seems to be on about an every 2 year cycle.  The tenth symposium was just held in Indiana a few weeks ago, so the site is www.AlifeX.org (X as in roman numerial 10).

This is a very acedemic community.  Some of the papers given at the conference and published in the proceedings are in our space and worth reading.   I've yet to attend the symposium but may do so some day.  If we were ever to publish something, there is a quarterly 'Artificial Life' journel put out by the society, published by MIT press, which is probably where we would want our stuff to appear.  You get a subscription if you are a member, which I am.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:20:48 PM by EricL »
Many beers....