Author Topic: split ties  (Read 3253 times)

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
split ties
« on: May 10, 2009, 07:09:55 AM »
Ties are:
tentacles
nerves
joints
digestive track
and probably more.
It might be wise to separate some or all of these functions

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
split ties
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:38:33 PM »
I kind of like how DB is very generic in the way things opperate.
A tie is just a conection to another cell, and you can use it in any way you like.
Not saying there couldn't be different kinds of ties, just saying I like how one tool can have many different purposes.

Maybe ties could be altered, possibly while the tie is stiffening, so at 20 cycles when it's hard it could have more potential in a certain area.
And maybe cells themselves could have the same option to "transform" into a cell with different pro's and cons. Would definately make multibots more interesting.
Also tie controlls don't seem to work right and are hard to figure out, and generaly only allow you to use one tie at the time. So that area could probably also be improved.
But generaly the current tie physics are realy auqward, hoping DB3 will have some better solutions or atleast have an easy to read source so it'll be easy to work with.

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
split ties
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:45:20 PM »
I think this weekend I will figure out exactly how ties work, and when, and to what degree, and will then post it on the wiki.

Should be easy with a few single-gene tie-testing-only bots.
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
split ties
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:49:51 AM »
I fixed the wiki to reflect what they SHOULD be doing.  I still need to test if it does anything (I don't think any of the tie manipulating commands work, but I will figure that out when I get the chance).
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!