Author Topic: Load form  (Read 9333 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« on: November 17, 2005, 12:42:24 PM »
I know how to load a form and such, but how do I do to decied where on the screen it shall pop up? like I have a big form, and on it I want at position x/y it to apphere?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 12:51:19 PM »
StartupPosition can be set to either Mainual, (where you can position it using the control in the bottom right corner that looks like a monitor) centerd in owner, centered in screen, or windows default.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 12:54:52 PM »
ty, if I have a form that im gonna paint it, how do I make it add a scroll when it gets below what can be seen?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 12:58:58 PM »
I dunno that one.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 01:10:16 PM »
PY? ulcissor? anyonw else then?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 01:37:43 PM »
Sorry.

That's an aspect I have never really played with. Most VB controls add a scroll bar automatically when the data in the window gets bigger than the window itself.

When I made a tile scroller demo a few months ago, I am pretty sure that scroll bars just popped up as soon as the picture got bigger than the window.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 01:50:26 PM »
ok thx, I have 5 forms, one main and 4 others that are sub forms, when they are minimized they shall be minimized in the main form, and in the menu stuff in the lowercorner, where stuff show up in window, the main one shall be the only one visible there, how do you fix that?
and if I tell the program to save a file, that ends like .dot can the program then just load it and read it?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 03:14:29 PM by Zelos »

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 06:53:03 PM »
The program has no idea that you have tried to paint anything off the boundaries of the form so can't add a scroll bar to show it. You could make your own code for moving what you paint using a custom scroll bar by moving the co-ords of the graphics but that would be quite difficult I imagine.
I don't reallt get what you mean by the other two questions though; can you rephrase them?
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 12:19:08 AM »
there exist different types of files, txt, jpg and such if I want to save a file can I use any type of ending I wamt and then the program load it? and still bne able to read it?

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 12:51:06 AM »
I think so, as long as you apply the file correctly. Obviously opening a picture in a text field won't work like you want.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 04:36:37 AM »
well, I wasent planning that, but what about the main/sub forms?

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 03:48:28 PM »
...what about them?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 03:58:50 PM »
nvm, I know db use a code that tell the program to paint a picutre from a image in the program, but how do I do if I dont want to add the pic to the program, but use it from a file?

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 11:39:20 AM »
IMAGE = LOADPICTURE( "C:\IAMVBNOOB.BMP")  :evil:

SEE:

SAVEPICTURE( "C:\IAMVBNOOB.BMP", IMAGE)

SET DESCTOP WALLPAPER API "C:\IAMVBNOOB.BMP" INTERGRATE IT INTO FILEMAG.DLL (ON EXPLORER OPEN EVENT)

:devil:

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 01:38:56 PM »
can someone exept bot tell me how to do? I didnt get a shit of what he said