Author Topic: arcsin / sin^-1  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
arcsin / sin^-1
« on: November 06, 2005, 10:06:51 AM »
how do I get arcsin/sin^-1 on visual basic
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
arcsin / sin^-1
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 12:14:34 PM »
It's either asin or it doesn't exist...  I forget which exactly.

You might be able to construct your own using trig identities, but it's been years since I looked at that sort of stuff.

What do you need it for anyway?  Maybe there's a better way to do it.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
arcsin / sin^-1
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 01:31:22 PM »
I need it to calculate angel of the velocity
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
arcsin / sin^-1
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 01:56:58 PM »
I read in mdsn that asin exist, but the program complains when I use it

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
arcsin / sin^-1
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 05:43:05 PM »
Are you sure you need the angle of velocity?

I find that alot of things are made easier and faster if you use vector math.

Explain exactly what you're doing and I'll see if I can make a way for it to happen.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
arcsin / sin^-1
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 01:25:48 AM »
nvm it, I found something in db to use that works