Author Topic: Mouse Click  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« on: November 04, 2005, 06:44:25 AM »
If I want the program to sense the X/why position of a mouse click and also wich button, how do I do that?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 10:01:04 AM »
nvm I found it, but how do you make a tiny little menu apphere next to the click then?

nums, where in db is the collision stuff located?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:03:57 AM by Zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Griz

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 10:49:52 AM »
youy might be able to search for VB stuff here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/

I'm looking for the same kind of access to VB help ...
so will let you know if I come up with any good sites.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:50:52 AM by Griz »
不知
~griz~
[/color]
   "The selection of Random Numbers is too important to be left to Chance"
The Mooj  a friend to all humanity
[/color]

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 11:47:32 AM »
tried, couldnt find what I wanted in mdsn

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 12:08:28 PM »
Collisions between bots?

Should be in the physics module.  If you're going to look at 2.37's collision routines, prepare to be confused, because there's alot going on that can boggle your mind if you're not familiar with physics and math and programming...

2.4's collision routines are more compact and understandable, but weaker.  Bots can overlap for a number of turns in 2.4, whereas they couldn't do that in 2.37.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 01:18:01 PM »
ok, and how do I make the menu apphere like in db when you right click?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
That I'm not entirely sure on.  Check out the Various Form_ functions in Form1.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 02:16:47 PM »
ive fixed it :D
woho double woho and tripple woho
ive not only fixed that but now it writes the dna into a text file:D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 02:27:17 PM by Zelos »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 09:41:35 AM »
nums/PY, exacly how does the program read a command line like:
Code: [Select]
50 .up storeand identify it as a command and not a cond? and how does it also read the conds? ice tried looking in the sourcefiles, but I cant make head and tail of it

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Mouse Click
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 11:46:56 AM »
First it breaks it down into three words:

.up

store

Then it sends it to a parsing routine.  The parsing routine checks to see if it's a command, number, etc.

Then it constructs a "block" type with that info.

I'm actually coding this into C++ as I speak.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 11:47:11 AM by Numsgil »