Author Topic: Sort of multibots  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sort of multibots
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:59:46 AM »
Well, I ran a simulation last night with animal minimalis to try and figure out a good value for the default mutation rates for 2.4.6.

I see one bot reproduce like crazy.  Cancer I thought.  It slowly takes over, and all other bots die.  Disgusted, I just go to sleep.

Come back in the morning, and I have groups of bots of about 6 or 7 that travel together and feed on veggies.  Apparently I had it so that shots returned (in the costs page) were fixed and not dependant on body.

Anyway, I was just really impressed.  They were able to travel together because there wasn't any friction to slow them down.  If one reproduced, the new bot would have the same velocity...

Anyway, people should try that.  It's really rather interesting.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sort of multibots
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:24:51 PM »
Cool, glad to hear the sim lasted all night too :)
I see one bot reproduce like crazy. Cancer I thought

What do you mean? You typically get temporary cancerous spikes of rapidly reproducing bots, in the Animals that very quickly die out. It's only the veg's that'll take over everything.

If there's a shortage of space the constant reproducers can survive somewhat longer.

If it's a Canni they'll typically have more trouble reproducing than normal so will give birth to fewer young.

I'll see about downloading the vers and trying this out.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 04:29:28 PM by Endy »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sort of multibots
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
Basically I thought that since the "cancerous", always reproducing bot was taking over the mutation rates were to high.

But apparently it was an adaptation from the bots, sicne they lived the night and I found them in the morning much the same way I left them in the night.

Offline ollj

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Sort of multibots
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »
In primordialLife children always have the same initial velocity as the parents, and it was important for the sim to have the up to 8 children next to the parent for their first seconds, till they start to move.