Author Topic: 2.4.5  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« on: October 23, 2005, 09:59:59 PM »
New things in 2.4.5:

Should no longer crash your computer if you have no lastexit.set (doesn't on mine at least).

New "unlock zoom" button that allows you to drag the screen around and zoom in/out such that you can view areas out of bounds.

Translocation bug fixed (hopefully ;))

Didn't add Bots's robot placement code, sorry Bots.

Ties now snap when they reach 1000 twips long, like before

error.sim re-enabled (I had accidently commented out the line).

Bots are floore at .25 mass, so you shouldn't see tiny bots behave weirdly with forces.  Hopefully in the future I'll improve the Euler Integration method to something more stable, and such fudges won't be necessary.

I simply can't get it to crash on my computer.  If you can prove me wrong...  you get nothing, but send me the error.sim it produces anyway.

And then I'll fix the bug and you can reload your error.sim and continue your sim un-interupted.

On the FTP.

edit: oh, and mutation rates now default to off.  To turn them on, click the Mutations Disabled button in the lower left hand corner of the mutations screen.

Figured since mutations seem to cause the most weird bugs in every version ever produced, it makes sense to let newbies run the sim first without them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 11:53:06 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 10:48:31 PM »
Oh, and veggies will now repopulate inside their little square like they're supposed to.  So you can run your high gravity sims where vegs repopulate blocked in the upper half...

It's actually a pretty cool idea.